Sr. Staff Software Engineer - Risk and Authentication
- Austin, TX, USA
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa’s sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
Payments are a very exciting and fast-developing area with a lot of new and innovative ideas coming to market. With strong demand for new solutions in this space, it promises to be an exciting area of innovation for the next 5 to 10 years. VISA is a strong leader in the payment industry, and is rapidly transitioning into a technology company with significant investments in this area.
If you want to be in the exciting payment space, learn fast and make big impacts, VISA Risk and Authentication group is an ideal place for you!
The Risk development group is responsible for building critical risk and fraud prevention applications and services at VISA. This includes idea generation, architecture, design, development, and testing of products, applications, and services that provide Visa clients with solutions to detect, prevent, and mitigate fraud for Visa and Visa client payment systems.
This position is ideal for an experienced SW engineer who is passionate about solving challenging business problems and building applications that provide an excellent user experience. You will be one of the leaders of the RISK development team focusing on design and build of software solutions that leverage data to solve business problems. Sometimes you will be designing brand-new software solutions, and at other times you may be refactoring existing functionality for performance and maintainability, but always working on ways to make us more efficient and provide better solutions to our customers. The role is for a self-motivated individual with expert software engineering skills and extensive knowledge of Database, J2EE and B2B/B2C technologies. The
candidate will be extensively involved in leading hands-on software engineering activities including POCs, architecture, design, documentation, development and test of new functionality. Candidate must be flexible and willing to switch tasks based on team’s needs. You will also help and guide junior team members.
- Experience leading a team and delivering large projects successfully
- Bachelors or Masters in Computer Science, Engineering or a related field
- Hands-on experience on Enterprise Architecture and Design Patterns
- Experience testing software at the unit, integration and system levels. Experience with jUnit and other testing frameworks preferred
- Experience in REST and Microservices architecture highly desirable
- Experience with Data Modeling, RDBMS and exposure to NoSQL Databases
- Experience implementing Continuous Delivery pipeline preferred. Hands-on experience with CI/CD tools like Jenkins, GIT and Maven highly desired
- Exposure to Container and Docker-based solutions
- Payment industry experience preferred with exposure to secure coding practices
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills with a strong focus on customer experience
- Ability to work in a geo-distributed, Agile environment
- Willingness to present, collaborate, coordinate at all levels within the organization
- Willingness to share knowledge and to be a mentor to junior team members
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.