Southeast Asia Digital Partnership Analyst
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
The Product, Digital Deployment & Solutions team are responsible for leading Visa’s efforts in Southeast Asia to bring new digital payment solutions and digital experiences to life, through our clients and partners.
Within this team, based in Singapore, the role holder will be responsible for identifying and implementing business development opportunities with startups, fintechs and large digital players across Southeast Asia, mapping the Fintech landscape, identifying potential partnerships or investments that grow distribution or enable new capabilities.
The role holder will also be responsible for engaging with large regional and local partners, to consultatively sell prepaid solutions and directly drive the growth of prepaid products at Visa across Southeast Asia.
This role requires an experienced business development professional who can identify potential deals, develop the tactics and manage the teams needed to bring them to fruition. As well as engaging with external clients and partners, this person will be required to work cross-functionally with market-based and regional functions including Product, Sales, Finance, Operations, Risk Management and Marketing to execute partnership agreements and manage co-creation activities with deliverables that are typically highly complex, strategic and cross-functional in nature.
• Effectively lead regional revenue generation for Visa Prepaid while meeting strategic business objective
• Actively contribute to the evolving business and product strategy
• Identify prospects, drive development, manage the sales process and close new businesses to achieve annual sales targets
• Seek out new commercial opportunities with non-traditional partners
• Work with Regional counterparts to develop the overall fintech engagement strategy
• Identify strategic opportunities for Visa capabilities through a strong understanding of the business needs of Visa and our clients.
• Pursue partnership opportunities where Visa and/or clients’ needs can be met
• Continuously review the market landscape, identifying and developing partnership or acquisition opportunities that will position Visa as the market leader in payments.
• Ownership of the end-to-end relationship for key digital partnerships, ensuring that that there is alignment across Visa on key proposals.
• Lead the development, negotiation and signing of proposals by working with various internal stakeholders and relationships with strategic partner executives
• Provide new value to clients by introducing start-ups and Fintech that are aligned to their strategies and objectives
• Capturing capability requirements of fintechs and feeding them into Visa’s global product/solution roadmap
• Payments or related industry experience with product management experience a plus
• Demonstrated track record of planning, managing and closing a complex, competitive sales effort and managing deals from negotiation, to closing and through delivery
• 8+ years business experience with related sales and management experience in the mobile, software, hardware or technology services industry
• Proven record of implementing strategic initiatives, policies and operational decisions
• Strategic thinking and thought leadership
• Teamwork, interpersonal & relationship-building skills, and ability to lead by influence and example
• Proven ability to partner, communicate and manage/navigate through multiple disciplines and organizational groups
• Experience “managing up”, building Executive Level communications and delivering presentations
• Ability to work within a complex and often ambiguous environment, and to influence senior management and other relevant parties
• Bachelor’s degree required; MBA is a plus
• Strong written and oral communication, including large-group presentations
• Team oriented, collaborative, diplomatic and flexible
• Previous experience working in the Fintech ecosystem will be highly regarded.
If you’re interested in a career that will surprise you – get in touch with Visa today.