Staff Systems Engineer - Mac
- Austin, TX, USA
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa’s sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
Visa Corporate IT (CIT) group has embarked on a major transformation journey. We are transforming ourselves into a true engineering organization where we put customer experience and end user support first. As part of this strategy, we are consolidating several of our engineering functions into a single area focused on providing world class engineering to our end user systems. This change is geared towards rethinking how we provide engineering for the services we're responsible for. As a member or the End User Technology Client Engineering team, the Mac Systems Engineer will be responsible for providing engineering for the infrastructure, systems and services supported by the team. The successful candidate will be required to assist in defining/setting standards, certifying hardware/software, and assisting in the design and architecture of the Mac deliverable at Visa.
- Participate in all aspects of the application lifecycle for applications supported within the Visa OSX workstation environment. This includes research, analysis, testing, certification, documentation and support.
- Analyze application functionality and business requirements and work with users, vendors and other stakeholders in the certification process to ensure applications meet business requirements as well as technical and security requirements.
- Certify new applications as required.
- Create and maintain all necessary documentation for supported applications to include detailed certification processes and procedures, products certified, certification scripts, QC and findings, installation and maintenance scripts.
- Evaluate new releases, fixes, security updates & service packs, etc., for supported applications and perform necessary QC and Certification for installation on all supported workstations platforms.
- Work with various support groups, technicians, and other SME's in reviewing certifications of new applications. Perform turn-over procedures for certified applications.
- Log and track application certification using the Client Engineering Certification Process
- Create packages utilizing JAMF Casper products, apple script or shell scripting.
- Keep abreast of latest technologies and market trends in the information technology field and provide recommendations on new applications, products, and or solutions
- Evaluate potential implementation of new applications as required.
- Provide necessary analysis reports on products evaluated and recommendations.
- Provide third level support on issues escalated by the first or second level support.
- Document Processes and Procedures.
- Create and maintain user and technical guides.
- Assist with vulnerability remediation as needed.
- 4-6 years of experience performing in engineering function supporting OSX and Apple hw.
- Extensive knowledge of Mac OS X systems management in an Active Directory environment.
- Extensive knowledge of Apple Server products and configuration.
- Experience with JAMF Casper Suite and Casper imaging a plus.
- Experience creating installation\packaging scripts using JAMF Casper products, apple script or shell scripting.
- Experience creating Apple NetBoot\NetRestore images for multiple platforms.
- Experience providing second or third level support on multiple applications.
- Extensive experience in troubleshooting hardware and software problems.
- Experience with Windows 10 OS a plus.
- Experience with network infrastructure (LAN\WAN\Wi-Fi).
- Self-motivated with the ability to exercise independent judgment with minimal direction from supervisor.
- Ability to coordinate activities within cross-divisional and cross-functional teams.
- Good verbal and written communication skills, problem solving skills, customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to explain technical concepts to non-technical users.
- Ability to support users at various levels of technical competency.
- Effectively manages difficult or volatile customer situations.
- Problem solving skills.
- Ability to effectively perform problem isolation and resolution of critical systems in order to have the least amount of impact and downtime.
- Ability to schedule and prioritize.
- Able to read and understand technical manuals, procedural documentation, and OEM guides.
- Ability to assess, analyze and research technical situations and provide viable alternatives.
- Ability to learn new technologies, concepts, and procedures quickly.
- Ability to communicate effectively with wide variety of users and other technical teams.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.