Visa Discovery Program - Strategy Trainee
As the world’s leader in digital payments technology, Visa’s mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network – enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You’re an Individual. We’re the team for you. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays.
The Visa Discovery Program is the biggest step you can take to joining our Revolution of Payments Innovation. Throughout your traineeship period at Visa, you will take on meaningful work, get executive exposure and engage in out-of-the-box problem solving. From technology to business, we are looking for people who can innovate, collaborate and drive Visa into the next era of an already rapidly-evolving digital market place. If you're up for the challenge, please consider joining our team.
Insight to the AP Strategy Team
- The AP Strategy Team supports Function, Market and Regional Heads in development of the AP corporate strategy; Plays a leading role in the formulation, analytical review, preparation and communication of the AP strategy
- They work with and support key areas of the business – both across functions and geographies - in development of their own strategies and to ensure their understanding and secure their buy-in to the regional strategy
- The team identifies issues of greatest potential impact on Visa AP and initiate and lead as required strategic reviews to address those issues. They undertake key strategic reviews of issues raised by AP senior management
The corporate strategy function is supposed to be a thought leader for the AP business and an influence the organization in order to make strategy happen
Roles and Responsibilities
- Partner with the VP, AP Strategy in the formulation, analytical review, preparation and communication of the AP strategy
- Work with and support key areas of the business – both across functions and geographies - in development of their own strategies and to ensure their understanding and secure their buy-in to the regional strategy
- Help identify issues of greatest potential impact on Visa AP and initiate as required strategic reviews to address.
- Undertake key strategic reviews of issues raised by AP senior management as directed by Senior Director.
- 2nd or 3rd year undergraduate pursuing a Bachelor's Degree in Business, Economics, or related courses
- Able to pursue traineeship from August to November 2019
- Proficient in advanced data analysis with Office applications such as Excel, PowerQuery, PowerPivot etc.
- Familiarity with data visualization tools such as Tableau and Power BI will be a plus
- Ability to code in VBA or SQL is preferred
- Strong written, verbal and communication skills
- Strong planning and time management skills
- Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively, as part of a team
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.