First Level Ops VisaNet TQ Technician - Level 2
- Basingstoke, UK
Fascinated by the future and captivated by technology?
Smart, driven and want to make a difference in the world?
You’ll fit right in.
Join a diverse team at Visa, where your individuality fits right in. We can provide the opportunity to shape the payments experience globally. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays.
Think you know us?
Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, reliable and secure digital payment network that enables individuals, businesses and economies to thrive.
Individuality fuels our brand and our global team – we’re proud that we are a talented team of 15,000 individuals with unique backgrounds, perspectives and experiences. Therefore, we understand that you are much more than your day job. We encourage quality of life outside of the office, whether it’s taking advantage of agile work schedules or our wellness programs, Visa respects and encourages meaningful work/life balance for everyone.
So, if you’re not satisfied with the status quo, we can satisfy your desire to explore new territory, giving you the runway to really make an impact, whilst connecting you with teams around the world in a truly inclusive culture that celebrates our uniqueness.
If you think you could support Visa as a First Level Ops VisaNet TQ Technician, we want to hear from you – together, let’s make Visa a great place to work.
What’s it all about?
As a member of Visa Operations Command Center, the VisaNet Transaction Quality Technician’s primary responsibility is managing and responding to Transaction and Managed Network events that may result in impaired connectivity to our clients. The position requires an in-depth understanding of how logical and physical connectivity issues can affect transaction quality.
What we expect of you, day to day.
- Possess a strong understanding of the Visa Corporate and Commercial Infrastructure coupled with an in-depth understanding of transaction authorization processing. Ability to quickly recognize and accurately determine the scope of impact for a high priority event.
- Advanced understanding of impact reporting techniques to include accurate STIP and decline analysis through Vital Signs and other available tools.
- Possess a strong understanding of Incident and Problem management.
- Follow documented support procedures, managing each issue through resolution and ensuring that there is sufficient turnover to support a seamless transition to the oncoming shift.
- Track update and resolve all assigned incidents, changes and problem reports in the incident management system, ensuring that documentation is thorough, accurate and meets a standard of high quality.
- Properly escalate incidents in a timely manner per support guidelines and procedures.
- Proactively monitor, recognize, analyse, isolate and/or resolve impact to client production traffic.
- Liaise with L2 support groups and/or development groups to collaborate on the resolution of incidents.
- Support project schedules and changes.
- Maintain technical skills through participation in ongoing training.
- Responsible for the internal and external communication of issues to management, other internal support groups and the customers via pages, email broadcasts or phone.
- Develop an in-depth understanding of transaction message flow and the different types of exceptions that can be encountered resulting in cardholder impact
- Bridge Stewardship in support of timely resolution of internal issues
- Assist with the training and development of staff. Provide appropriate coaching and direction.
- Must be able to work flexible shift hours
- Working under supervision, this role requires the ability to determine when escalation takes place. There will be frequent reviews of work completed and specific instruction provided, usually in the form of written procedures.
- The scope and variety of this role is wide, but within a highly structured setting.
- Document and communicate critical milestones/progress of ongoing incidents at the pre-defined time points.
- Assess accurately, and within pre-defined time periods, the impact of a critical/major system/application outage.
- Follow documented operations processes and resolution/escalation procedures.
- Resolve standard incidents within agreed timescales without escalation.
- Work on multiple platforms including ticket queue, mailbox, alert console and phone calls.
- Propose process/procedure improvements to better the department and services provided.
- Offer effective/sound recommendations to address repetitive issues.
What we’re after…
- Strong technical understanding of Visa’s Corporate and Commercial networks, specifically routing/switching, tunneling, security operations/engineering, MPLS, Transaction Processing.
- Ability to quickly learn Visa proprietary as well as industry standard tools to support monitoring and response for client and Visa brand issues. Primary Tools are Netcool and Vital Signs
- Excellent verbal/written communication, organizational skills, ability to prioritize a constantly changing work load. Interpersonal skills and ability to excel as part of a high functioning global team.
- Use sound judgment in determining priorities and enlisting support of other internal groups to prevent any compromise to Visa business or client service level agreements.
- MS Office suite proficiency
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent industry experience
- Possess Information Technology Infrastructure Library Foundation Certificate (ITIL), or ability to obtain within 6 months.
Think you have what it takes?
If you are interested in a career that will challenge and inspire you – we’d love to hear from you!
Diversity & Inclusion
Universal acceptance for everyone, everywhere, is not only our brand promise, it’s the foundation of our company culture. We foster a feeling of connectedness in the workplace, support diversity of thought, culture and background, fight for important initiatives like Equal Pay and actively work to eliminate unconscious biases that hold us all back.
By leveraging the diverse backgrounds and perspectives of our worldwide teams, Visa is a better place to work and a better business partner to our clients.