Software Engineer - Level 2
- Reading, UK
Fascinated by the future and captivated by technology?
Smart, driven and want to make a difference in the world?
You’ll fit right in.
Join a diverse team at Visa, where your individuality fits right in. We can provide the opportunity to shape the payments experience globally. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays.
Think you know us?
Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, reliable and secure digital payment network that enables individuals, businesses and economies to thrive.
Individuality fuels our brand and our global team – we’re proud that we are a talented team of 15,000 individuals with unique backgrounds, perspectives and experiences. Therefore, we understand that you are much more than your day job. We encourage quality of life outside of the office, whether it’s taking advantage of agile work schedules or our wellness programs, Visa respects and encourages meaningful work/life balance for everyone. In addition, we offer market leading salary and have a fantastic benefits offering.
So, if you’re not satisfied with the status quo, we can satisfy your desire to explore new territory, giving you the runway to really make an impact, whilst connecting you with teams around the world in a truly inclusive culture that celebrates our uniqueness.
If you think you could support Visa as a Software Engineer, we want to hear from you – together, let’s make Visa a great place to work.
What’s it all about?
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind - making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do, which is that our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa's sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fuelled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
You will be part of a team responsible to provide successful implementation and management of Visa services (applications under Visa Information Management (Commercial Cards)) in the test and production environments. Ensuring the service meets the corporate quality, security and compliance standards, and providing the documentation for the ongoing support and maintenance of the systems.
What we expect of you, day to day.
- Responsible for providing 24 x 7 Application Support across multiple visa applications.
- Responsible for applying code and operation break fixes and other proactive maintenance activities to keep the services up and running
- Responsible for evaluating the issues reported by Visa clients and members and providing ongoing solutions
- Responsible for managing the performance and tuning of several Visa applications.
- Will be responsible for managing the service and ticket SLAs and managing the workflow to achieve the SLAs
- Role model Visa's leadership principles
The role should exhibit the appropriate level of Visa Leadership Principles:
- Lead by Example
- Communicate Openly
- Enable and Inspire
- Excel with Partners
- Act Decisively
What we’re after…
- Mid-level experience in working with Apache, Tomcat, WebSphere, IBM-IHS web server and LDAP
- Knowledge and experience with Linux and UNIX
- Experience in Angular, Type Script and Java Script.
- Experience in Production support working in a globally distributed team
- Working experience on Java, J2EE and NHibernate technologies
- Knowledge of .NET Core but not essential
- Experience in working with Db2 UDB and Oracle DB, MS SQL, MySQL, Mongo DB, DML/DDL SQLs and Store PROCs
- Experience with Service Now and ticketing workflows is preferred
- Working experience with monitoring tools like SPLUNK or any other monitoring tools/processes will be advantageous
- Prior working experience with Card and transaction domains will be advantageous
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in Computer Science, Engineering or related field required
- Have a technical and business mind-set
- ISO 9000 and ITIL experience will be advantageous
Think you have what it takes?
If you are interested in a career that will challenge and inspire you – we’d love to hear from you!
Diversity & Inclusion
Universal acceptance for everyone, everywhere, is not only our brand promise, it’s the foundation of our company culture. We foster a feeling of connectedness in the workplace, support diversity of thought, culture and background, fight for important initiatives like Equal Pay and actively work to eliminate unconscious biases that hold us all back.
By leveraging the diverse backgrounds and perspectives of our worldwide teams, Visa is a better place to work and a better business partner to our clients.