OCB Open Systems Manager - Level 4
- Basingstoke, UK
Fascinated by the future and captivated by technology?
Smart, driven and want to make a difference in the world?
You’ll fit right in.
Join a diverse team at Visa, where your individuality fits right in. We can provide the opportunity to shape the payments experience globally. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays.
Think you know us?
Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, reliable and secure digital payment network that enables individuals, businesses and economies to thrive.
Individuality fuels our brand and our global team – we’re proud that we are a talented team of 15,000 individuals with unique backgrounds, perspectives and experiences. Therefore, we understand that you are much more than your day job. We encourage quality of life outside of the office, whether it’s taking advantage of agile work schedules or our wellness programs, Visa respects and encourages meaningful work/life balance for everyone.
So, if you’re not satisfied with the status quo, we can satisfy your desire to explore new territory, giving you the runway to really make an impact, whilst connecting you with teams around the world in a truly inclusive culture that celebrates our uniqueness.
If you think you could support Visa as an OCB Open Systems Manager, we want to hear from you – together, let’s make Visa a great place to work.
What’s it all about?
Support an ITIL based infrastructure to include incident resolution and escalation of issues for which there is no immediate workaround. You will be expected to drive the team to resolve upwards of 80% of all issues without the need for any escalation. The ideal candidate must possess demonstrable leadership qualities combined with technical expertise, and client advocacy to be able to drive and direct an ITIL focused Team of professionals. You will be required to drive service level expectation against the performance of the team to ensure that external and internal clients experience a positive response to inquiries, issues and events. You will aid in being a liaison and facilitator for the team and various support groups.
What we expect of you, day to day.
- Manage the day-to-day responsibilities of a team of professionals who provide first level support for the Open System platforms (Windows and UNIX) and associated applications and services
- Provide management leadership to members of the Visa operations Command Centre (VOCC) team including staffing selection, goal setting, annual reviews, compensation planning, career development, coaching and administrative support
- Assist the Director in developing and managing short term tactical and strategic support initiatives to meet the operational and continuity needs of Visa and our customers
- Improve work processes, procedures and systems while reducing Visa’s exposure to financial loss
- Measure the overall support effectiveness and quality of work through metrics in order to maintain the standard of the Visa brand
- Ensure that system and service disruptions are kept to a minimum and service levels are maintained
- Demonstrate technical leadership skills in day-to-day work; take ownership of critical issues where appropriate, drive incidents to resolution in a timely manner as dictated by the impact and severity of the problem.
- Work with various support groups to refine and mature processes
- Represent the VOCC team in relevant meetings such as process improvement, initiatives, meetings
- Support project schedules and changes
- Manage team workload to ensure all incidents, problems and requests are prioritized, assigned resolved or acted on in a timely manner. Also ensure all incidents and problems have a root cause identified where possible
- Review and identify common problem areas that require focus and assign tasks accordingly
- Work with the appropriate groups, administer and maintain policies and procedures to ensure a standard approach is adopted in the implementation of system changes and also mentor team members on these policies and procedures
- Provide operational and support perspective on the adoption of new technologies and the implementation of new software
- Demonstrate Leadership capabilities and provide direct management to a team of professional individuals
- Capable to work independently with guidance in only the most complex situations
- Develop training documentation for consistent levels of team growth
- Ensure completed accurate incident information is gathered and is contribute information to the Incident Management process
- Work in tandem with the Major Incident Management team to ensure efficient and concise escalation to minimalize outage
- Role model Visa's leadership principles
The role should exhibit the appropriate level of Visa Leadership Principles:
- Lead by Example
- Communicate Openly
- Enable and Inspire
- Excel with Partners
- Act Decisively
What we’re after…
- Experience managing a large team in a very diverse environment
- Excel in collaboration
- Proven record of establishing and implementing objectives and tactical plans from overall direction and strategy to execution
- Ability to interpret and represent technical issues into business concepts and solutions to multiple levels
- Effective professional verbal and written communication skills along with solid presentation skills
- Excellent team player
- Strong reporting and documentation skills
- Lead by example
- ITIL v3 certification
- Mid-level experience working on Windows and Linux platforms and managing a team in a very diverse environment
- Bachelor's degree in IT, Computer Science or related discipline or equivalent industry experience
- Excellent understanding of Open Systems environment (Unix, Windows & Linux)
- Technical background with a working knowledge of Splunk, including log analysis and constructing queries
- Experience support web applications troubleshooting problems in a cross functional environment
Think you have what it takes?
If you are interested in a career that will challenge and inspire you – we’d love to hear from you!
Diversity & Inclusion
Universal acceptance for everyone, everywhere, is not only our brand promise, it’s the foundation of our company culture. We foster a feeling of connectedness in the workplace, support diversity of thought, culture and background, fight for important initiatives like Equal Pay and actively work to eliminate unconscious biases that hold us all back.
By leveraging the diverse backgrounds and perspectives of our worldwide teams, Visa is a better place to work and a better business partner to our clients.