Vendor Manager - Level 5
- Basingstoke, UK
Fascinated by the future and captivated by technology?
Smart, driven and want to make a difference in the world?
You’ll fit right in.
Join a diverse team at Visa, where your individuality fits right in. We can provide the opportunity to shape the payments experience globally. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays.
Think you know us?
Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, reliable and secure digital payment network that enables individuals, businesses and economies to thrive.
Individuality fuels our brand and our global team – we’re proud that we are a talented team of 15,000 individuals with unique backgrounds, perspectives and experiences. Therefore, we understand that you are much more than your day job. We encourage quality of life outside of the office, whether it’s taking advantage of agile work schedules or our wellness programs, Visa respects and encourages meaningful work/life balance for everyone. In addition, we offer market leading salary and have a fantastic benefits offering.
So, if you’re not satisfied with the status quo, we can satisfy your desire to explore new territory, giving you the runway to really make an impact, whilst connecting you with teams around the world in a truly inclusive culture that celebrates our uniqueness.
If you think you could support Visa as a Vendor Manager, we want to hear from you – together, let’s make Visa a great place to work.
What’s it all about?
The purpose of this role is the service and commercial management of vendors of the Technology and Operations function in Europe.
What we expect of you, day to day.
- Partner with function leaders to manage vendors that are critical to availability of Visa’s network and systems in Europe
- Collaborate with colleagues in Procurement, Finance, Compliance, Legal and global teams to ensure input into and influence the vendor selection and management strategy
- Own the relationship with vendors and represent Visa’s Technology and Operations functions
- Lead regular service reviews with vendors to ensure that Visa’s business goals and regulatory requirements are met
- Manage day to day operations and reporting related to vendor management and service reviews
- Identify and drive improvements to commercial terms and operational efficiencies
- Role model Visa’s leadership principles in all interactions
The role should exhibit the appropriate level of Visa Leadership Principles:
- Lead by Example
- Communicate Openly
- Enable and Inspire
- Excel with Partners
- Act Decisively
What we’re after…
- Experience of working in global and matrix organisation
- Relationship / vendor / stakeholder management experience in the Technology sector
- Understanding of Visa’s business model and the Technology and Operations function
- Experience of managing commercial negotiations and service reviews
- Understanding of the UK’s Financial Services regulatory landscape
- Experience of crises and business continuity management
- Experience of executive and operational reporting
Think you have what it takes?
If you are interested in a career that will challenge and inspire you – we’d love to hear from you!
Diversity & Inclusion
Universal acceptance for everyone, everywhere, is not only our brand promise, it’s the foundation of our company culture. We foster a feeling of connectedness in the workplace, support diversity of thought, culture and background, fight for important initiatives like Equal Pay and actively work to eliminate unconscious biases that hold us all back.
By leveraging the diverse backgrounds and perspectives of our worldwide teams, Visa is a better place to work and a better business partner to our clients.