OCB GNO Manager - Level 5
- Basingstoke, UK
Fascinated by the future and captivated by technology?
Smart, driven and want to make a difference in the world?
You’ll fit right in.
Join a diverse team at Visa, where your individuality fits right in. We can provide the opportunity to shape the payments experience globally. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays.
Think you know us?
Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, reliable and secure digital payment network that enables individuals, businesses and economies to thrive.
Individuality fuels our brand and our global team – we’re proud that we are a talented team of 15,000 individuals with unique backgrounds, perspectives and experiences. Therefore, we understand that you are much more than your day job. We encourage quality of life outside of the office, whether it’s taking advantage of agile work schedules or our wellness programs, Visa respects and encourages meaningful work/life balance for everyone.
So, if you’re not satisfied with the status quo, we can satisfy your desire to explore new territory, giving you the runway to really make an impact, whilst connecting you with teams around the world in a truly inclusive culture that celebrates our uniqueness.
If you think you could support Visa as an OCB GNO Manager, we want to hear from you – together, let’s make Visa a great place to work.
What’s it all about?
Responsible for applying your technical knowledge and tuned leadership experience toward leading a motivated team of network engineers. As part of the team, you are empowered to lead by example in support of Visa critical applications, ensuring service stability and availability, while delivering efficiency through value-add automation. You will be leading innovation through the delivery of orchestrated automation and mitigating impact through root cause analysis excellence. Your proven leadership and management experience will be well utilized working in a 24x7 leadership team which provides global follow-the-sun support.
Your analytical systematic approach toward qualitative and quantitative data driven decision making, will lead toward successful delivery against strategy. This is a technical leadership role requiring, in depth technical competency, strength in service recovery, root cause analysis and continual service improvement is greatly valued in our dynamic enterprise environment. You will be welcomed into a team where you can gain meaning in seeing your efforts delivered and you are empowered to make a difference.
What we expect of you, day to day.
- Proven delivery against software defined network technologies
- Deliver and get the best out of your delivery partners/peers, including vendor partner engagement
- Have experience with development/automation and strong passion to promote developer productivity mind set
- Security is a prime job and responsibility at Visa and must have exposure and experience dealing with industry practices and delivering automated security solutions
- Knowledge and understanding across a wide range of technology domains and application frameworks and have ability to quickly grasp relationships of various disciplines
- Ability to interact with personnel at all levels and across all business units and to comprehend complex business initiatives
- Articulate product requirements to various audiences (high level to low level technical details)
- Regularly report progress and key product metrics to stakeholders and management. Also have the ability to develop and improve KPI's in order to deliver excellent service delivery.
- Have a strong passion towards consistency and standardisation of documentation and presentations
- Ability to visualise and promote efforts of team through presented data
- Correlating security information with internal data repositories and creating processes to ensure compliance
- Design and implement workflows
- Strong system security awareness and knowledge in appliance hardening
- Responsible for creating an innovative and thriving work culture at the centre of service delivery
- Analytical and troubleshooting skills are highly desired, and possess an ability to explain technical concepts and provide guidance to the team
- Responsible for alignment of established ITIL practice
- Exhibits collaborative leadership by example
- Responsible for leading and delivery of enterprise initiatives
- Provide forecasting for resource and budgetary needs
- Superb communication & interpersonal skills. Coaching other members of the support team, sharing technical and customer knowledge in a helpful and timely fashion
- Capable of prioritizing and managing high volume workloads from multiple sources, working to strict SLA and OLAs
- Manage network team members responsible for service restoration, vulnerability management, audits/compliance and continuous service improvement towards overall strategy
- Managing complex changes involving working with different teams through good communication, collaboration, through execution excellence
- Building and lead a team of engineers who are passionate about applying their competency to automate platform and infrastructure activities
The role should exhibit the appropriate level of Visa Leadership Principles:
- Lead by Example
- Communicate Openly
- Enable and Inspire
- Excel with Partners
- Act Decisively
What we’re after…
- Mid-level experience in leading a group of technical engineers
- Bachelor/Master’s Degree in Computer Science or Engineering related discipline
- Experience with Cloud technologies preferably private Cloud using SDWAN preferred
- Experience with software defined operations implementation
- Previous experience of working with enterprise class F5, Arista, Cisco NXOS (Nexus), and Cisco IOS / IOS XR
- Good understanding of TCP/IP network protocols, routing and switching protocols such as BGP, EIGRP, OSPF data center switching-routing (e.g. spanning tree etc.), backbone routing, traffic engineering, MPLS VPN, LTM-GTM and CDN required
- Experience in delivering proven efficiency gains through automation and orchestration
- Exceptional collaboration and partnership skills with the ability to work in a global environment and drive consensus in cross-functional teams
- More than comfortable in working in a matrixed organization
- Preferred: Previous experience of Riverbed WAN optimizer, Cumulus, Versa Networks and Akamai
- Preferred: Knowledge & experience in system monitoring techniques and tools supporting unattended operations. Desirable toolsets include Solarwinds, Netbrain and Netscout
- Preferred: Prior hands on infrastructure network automation experience; particularly Python and Ansible knowledge
Think you have what it takes?
If you are interested in a career that will challenge and inspire you – we’d love to hear from you!
Diversity & Inclusion
Universal acceptance for everyone, everywhere, is not only our brand promise, it’s the foundation of our company culture. We foster a feeling of connectedness in the workplace, support diversity of thought, culture and background, fight for important initiatives like Equal Pay and actively work to eliminate unconscious biases that hold us all back.
By leveraging the diverse backgrounds and perspectives of our worldwide teams, Visa is a better place to work and a better business partner to our clients.