Cybersecurity Analyst, Applied Cryptography
- Ashburn, VA, USA
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa’s sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
As a member of the Applied Cryptography security team, the Cybersecurity Analyst will assist in planning, documenting, coordinating, and implementing recommended key management and Host Security Module(HSM) solutions. Will lead and foster team work on numerous projects that the team supports with HSM configurations and maintenance. The Cybersecurity Analyst will be the first-tier contact for all issues involving HSM issues, symmetric key issues and general cryptography issues that the team supports.
- Develop expertise over the acceptable use and issuance of symmetric and asymmetric key management practices.
- Be able to function as a team lead for numerous projects, coordinate required work and ensure that team members in remote locals have the proper documentation, key material and time to complete related project tasks.
- Develop expertise in Key Management fundamentals and apply that knowledge to host security modules and key management procedures.
- Work with the team to identify, review and implement new or required safeguards for banking symmetric key generation systems as specified by the current standards.
- Conduct the weekly DPS Offline Symmetric Key Generation and Translation independently.
- Continuously analyze risk assessments and recommend acceptable use of encryption technology and security measures
- Review, analyze and recommend the encryption methods and algorithms for data transmissions and data at rest to protect confidential information
- Cybersecurity Analyst must maintain and follow accurate and up-to-date procedure documentation within well-established policies and guidelines.
- Constantly remain up to date on all financial and data protection industry standards.
- Masters’ Degree preferred.
- CISM or CISA, ITIL, CRISC preferred.
- PCI SSC ISA certification can be transferred to Visa.
- 2-4 years computer security experience.
- Exercises independent judgment with minimal direction from supervisor
- Excellent customer support, ability to articulate progress/issues and attention to detail is a must
- Must be a team player
- Knowledgeable of encryption and key management security practices.
- Knowledgeable of Host Security Modules (HSM) administration practices and capabilities. (Desired)
- Working knowledge of national/international banking standards for encryption and retail banking security (e.g. TR39, EMV, PCI-PIN, PCI-P2PE, PCI DSS, SSAE 18, etc.)
- Excellent technical writing skills and the ability to organize and document process and procedures.
- Verbal and written communication skills along with the ability to present complex security subjects to internal work groups and projects. (Required)
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.