Product Manager - Internet of Things (IoT) - Home
- San Francisco, CA, USA
Very few companies can offer its employees the global reach that Visa does. That’s the power of Visa’s “My everywhere” – a big brand with limitless possibilities. Behind the Visa brand are our talented employees who continuously raise the bar with creative solutions and products that deliver the convenience and security of digital currency to more people all over the world. Visa was recently recognized by Forbes as one of the Best Employers in the U.S. and Fortune magazine highlighted us as one of the World’s Most Admired Companies. Everything we do is motivated by our leadership principles: Lead by Example, Communicate Openly, Enable and Inspire, Excel with Partners, Act Decisively, and Collaborate.
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa’s sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
About Product Manager - Internet of Things (Home) Platforms
Visa’s Product Manager - Internet of Things (Home)Platforms Team is responsible for all IoT verticals from wearables to connected cars. There is an impending explosion of internet connected devices that will have embedded intelligence including the ability to conduct commerce. This team drives Visa’s ability to capture the opportunity in this emerging category. The Connected (IoT) Platforms Team has direct access to the rapid prototyping and market-pilot capabilities to capitalize on all emerging IoT verticals.
The Product Manager for the IoT - Home vertical will work closely with the Director for IoT - City/Retail & Home and support the management of the IoT - Home vertical.
The Product Manager for Connected (IoT) Platforms is responsible for identifying and implementing partnership opportunities for a large and complex Connected Home Vertical in aid of the Director for IoT - City/Retail & Home. The Product Manager role requires experience in managing cross-functional teams needed to bring the partnerships and pilots for Connected Home to fruition. The Product Manager will need to have a working knowledge and interest in the Home vertical and an understanding of the platform providers in the vertical. The Connected (IoT) Platforms Team works closely with Visa’s Core Product and Digital Solutions as well as other stakeholders such as Processing, Cybersource, Risk, Finance, Marketing, etc. teams to execute partnership agreements and pilots for the Connected Home. The deliverables are typically highly complex, strategic and cross-functional in nature. In addition, the Product Manager along with the Director for IoT - City/Retail & Home will work closely with the One Market Center to bring technology partners in for collaborative working sessions and assume accountability for the prototypes and pilots delivered within the Connected Home vertical.
· Aid in the ownership and business responsibility for the Home vertical globally for Visa Inc.
· Help manage the account and relationship management for select strategic partnership accounts
· Identify strategic opportunities for Visa capabilities through a strong understanding of the partner’s business including payment strategy across all product platforms for Visa customers.
· In concert with the Director for IoT - City/Retail & Home, the Product manager will execute customized account strategy, objectives and plans
· Consolidate existing relationships and expand Visa’s reach within multiple parts of the partner organization and the utilization of Visa’s products and services
· Partner with the Director for IoT - City/Retail & Home in solving the problems that arise during the execution of programs with partners
· Implement short, medium and long-term strategic opportunities/products/services through excellent project management working with internal and client teams
· Proactively identify and solve complex problems that impact the management, relationship and direction of the business
· Manage and be responsible for the development of proposals by working with various internal stakeholders and negotiate contractual relationships with strategic partners
· Continuously review client and market landscape and recommend, develop, and implement new and creative approaches that ensures that the client’s business objectives are met as well as grow the Visa business
· Work within cross-functional teams (internal / external) that include representation from Marketing, Product, Digital, One Market Center (OMC), Operations, Market Research and Technology.
· Foster in-depth and productive relationships at all levels with the client and the Visa organization
· Support the Connected (IoT) Platform Team in developing the overall group strategy
· A minimum of 2-year business experience
· Proven record of implementing strategic initiatives, policies and operational decisions
· Payments or related industry experience with product management experience a plus
· Strategic thinking and thought leadership
· Teamwork, interpersonal & relationship-building skills, and ability to lead by influence and example
· Proven ability to partner, communicate and manage/navigate through multiple disciplines and organizational groups
· Experience building Executive Level communications and delivering presentations
· Ability to work within a complex and often ambiguous environment, and to influence senior management and other relevant parties
· Bachelor’s degree required; MBA is a plus
· Executive presence; Strong written and oral communication, including large-group presentations
· Team oriented, collaborative, diplomatic and flexible
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.