Senior Director - Global Transfer Pricing
- Foster City, CA, USA
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity.
Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payment company in Silicon Valley, technology is at the heart of what we do. Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks; our Advanced Authorization engine scores every authorization VisaNet processes with machine learning models for issuers to stop frauds in real-time. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa’s sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
Visa engages clients globally through five operating regions, with regional headquarters located in San Francisco, Miami, London, Singapore and Dubai. Visa seeks a Senior Director, Transfer Pricing to join the tax department based at its Foster City headquarters to focus on supporting Visa’s global related party transactions. The candidate will report to the VP, Transfer Pricing, and will work with the headquarters and regional tax teams to develop, execute and manage Visa’s global TP strategy and processes.
The candidate should have extensive transfer pricing experience and is be comfortable communicating directly with the business and finance teams at all levels within the Company and with other members of the global tax department. Visa’s transfer pricing group deals with all aspects of developing, executing and maintaining the company’s intercompany transfer pricing policies from intercompany agreements, collecting and gathering data & information, analyzing & setting arm’s-length prices, preparing transfer pricing reports/memoranda, assisting with audit defense, analyzing business and planning strategies, M&A integration, valuation and managing and working with outside advisers. Periodic travel to key offices will also be required.
Visa’s Global Tax department, a diverse group of over 40 professionals located in Foster City, California, London, Miami, Dubai, Canada and Singapore, enjoys high visibility and strong support from Visa’s executive leadership team.
Responsibilities for this position include support and assistance with transfer pricing planning, compliance, and controversy management. Responsibilities will include:
- Partnering with the international tax teams and Visa business to identify, initiate and implement transfer pricing policies globally.
- Updating, maintaining, and implementing worldwide transfer pricing policies.
- Managing transfer pricing change and assist with developing new policies as new transactions are structured and new developments occur.
- Managing transfer pricing compliance related to OECD consistent documentation, specifically Country-by-Country Report and Master File and Local Files. Scope of documentation work involves functional analysis interviews, information and data gathering, coordinating with and managing service providers and internal local and regional team members, and reviewing and editing reports for consistency around positions presented.
- Managing local country transfer pricing disclosures ensuring accuracy of information reported and consistency with transfer pricing positions taken historically as well as in other transfer pricing documentation.
- Managing various local country tax inspections, audits, queries and Company responses to requests from tax authorities.
- Performing research and analyses to identify changes in transfer pricing law and developments which impact the Company.
- Planning and negotiating transfer pricing positions with relevant government authorities under Advance Pricing Agreement, MAP or similar programs.
- At least 8 years of progressive responsibility and leadership in transfer pricing at a Big 4 public accounting firm, law firm, or tax department of a Fortune 500 or equivalent corporation
- Advanced degree (Ph.D., MBA, JD) or equivalent certification (e.g., CFA)
- Strong understanding of finance, valuation and economic concepts
- Strong technical expertise in and understanding of US, OECD and local transfer pricing laws and regulations
- Excellent analytical, technical, and problem-solving skills
- Ability to extract, analyze, and review data and make appropriate recommendations
- Detail-oriented individual who is self-motivated and takes ownership of projects
- Hard working, quick learner with a positive ''can do'' attitude and solid professionalism
- Work effectively in a team environment and partner well with people at all levels within an organization
- Solid project management skills and ability to successfully manage and prioritize multiple projects
- Excellent verbal and written English communication skills
- Enthusiastic, motivated and adaptable; assertive; intellectually curious; enjoys working in a fast-paced and exciting collaborative environment
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.