Senior Director of Strategic Sourcing - Marketing
- Foster City, CA, USA
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind - making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa's sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
The Senior Director of Strategic Sourcing leads by example, and through partnership to drive competitive advantage and value for Visa Inc. As the lead of a category group, you are accountable for developing strategies to deliver sustainable results across multiple marketing categories by identifying new opportunities for value and process improvement. As a leader within the Strategic Sourcing Organization, you are responsible for developing strong and effective business partner relationships with senior leaders across multiple functions and regions, while directly enabling and inspiring a team of 6 marketing sourcing professionals. The Senior Director will manage a portfolio of categories (Creative Agencies, Production, Market Research and Events) and have accountability to delivery against department and functional goals. You will need a strong sense of urgency and the ability to succinctly frame issues and alternatives to drive decisions forward.
- Engages and establishes business partnerships with cross functional leadership across Visa to collaborate, influence, and drive sourcing strategies
- Manages multiple complex sourcing strategies, scope requirements, Business Partnerships, and navigate complexity within a large global matrixed organization
- Builds and develops strategic sourcing professionals across both technical and leadership capabilities while creating an environment that is diverse, inclusive, and encouraging
- Partner very closely with Visa’s Agency Management COE to measure and evaluate performance vs. negotiated KPIs and industry benchmarks
- Creates a shared vision by embedding and integrating the role of strategic sourcing into various parts of the business
- Supports broader strategic sourcing leadership team on goal setting and annual planning
- Develops long term portfolio category strategies that are directly linked to Marketing’s functional objectives and Visa Inc. level goals with a focus on Creative Services, Production, Events and Market Research
- Provides high level guidance on the overall continuous strategic sourcing process from needs identification, through supplier performance management across multiple marketing categories
- Maintain strong external focus by leveraging industry peers, organizations, associations and by continuing to build strong relationships outside of Visa
- A champion for change that can act decisively to drive decisions, while demonstrating agility to support the evolution of business needs
- Communicates effectively and frequently, listens carefully, and actively seeks and values the perspectives of others
- Builds effective strategic relationships with external suppliers to drive and execute category strategies
- Develop and manage category wide SRM plans with a focus on continuous improvement and innovation
- Support the implementation of Global Sourcing policies and procedures.
- 15+ years of experience in Marketing Strategic Sourcing, Performance Marketing, or within a Marketing Agency
- 10+ years leading the development and management of category plans or sourcing strategies.
- In-depth understanding of the agency ecosystem; deep industry and/or professional relationships with suppliers and agencies
- Deep understanding of marketing math/measurement and associated metrics. Knowledge of the creative development process and agency management
- Past experiences challenging the status quo by developing business cases for change through leveraging business acumen, market intelligence, and insights to drive a broad strategic impact across an organization
- 10+ years of leading a team. Proven track record of developing long-term capabilities in others and across a global organization, to develop best-in-class teams and sharing talent across the organization.
- Demonstrated contract and agreement negotiation experience, including development of negotiating plans and strategies for marketing services.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively navigate and lead others in an ambiguous environment to achieve high levels of performance and deliver sustainable value to the organization by holding yourself and others accountable
- Strong relationship-management skills and ability to communicate effectively, and collaborate with, senior-to-exec management. You need to be able to tell compelling stories through insights and data
- Undergraduate degree required, graduate degree preferred
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.