Lead AI/ML Platform Engineer
- Palo Alto, CA, USA
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa’s sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
We're looking for an experienced Technology Leader to spearhead the launch and operation of our internal AI-Platform-as-a-Service offering for our analytics and research communities. You would gather customer’s technical needs and the business drivers, synthesize it into a multi-quarter technical product roadmap and anticipate / manage expectations of stakeholders in the company. You'll also be responsible for bringing in the best practices in machine learning from the field. In general, you are able to provide sound methods and identify key results to support strategic decisions. Ideally, you have excellent communication skills, and you can work effectively and efficiently with everyone from fellow analysts to business partners.
- Build the vision, strategy, and roadmap of AI big-bets that Visa should invest in to drive steep impact for our products.
- Shape the direction of Visa's core products by applying cutting-edge AI innovations to tackle problems in consumer marketing and fraud prevention.
- Build new AI technologies, services, and platforms for areas such as TensorFlow, H2O and PyTorch to name a few, that operate at Visa scale and power Visa's data product offerings.
- Accelerate time to impact on new technologies through experimentation, prototyping, and strong execution.
- Have a clear pulse on innovations across the broader AI community and help us identify new opportunities and look around corners.
- Identify and track key success metrics for the AI Platforms.
- Work with management to prioritize business and AI platform needs
- Explore and define new process improvement opportunities
- Present ongoing reports and findings to management and business partners
- Integrate the AI platforms with existing Big Data and Analytics platforms
- Engage directly on all aspects of building the platform – GPUs, hardware, network, performance, scalability, architecture, build, implementation, operation and optimization
- BS or MS in Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science, Economics, Engineering, or other related field
- Strong leadership, persuasion and teamwork skills. Execution experience to drive multiple projects.
- Excellent communication skills: ability to translate robust analytics and metrics into simple to understand takeaways, and comfort creating presenting findings to management and business partners
- Ability to develop and maintain effective relationships with key product partners
- A strategic thinker who can help craft plans to multiple stakeholders.
- A collaborator who can work across operating styles and can bring together multiple perspectives.
- Strategic planning expertise, the ability to lead change, and the dream to operate effectively within a dynamic organization
- Strengths in meeting objectives through influence, facilitation and team building
- Strong analytical skills with ability to collect organize; analyze significant amounts of information and massive datasets (expertise in SQL, Hive)
- Technical expertise in data mining: statistical distribution, missing/outliers data statistics, segmentation, regression, A/B testing, hypothesis testing, etc.
- Experience with Hadoop/Spark, Kubernetes, TensorFlow, Caffe and H20.ai
- Experience developing analytic products, technologies, and platforms
- Experience building new AI/ML technologies
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.