Director, Global Advertising Technology
- San Francisco, CA, USA
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa’s sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
This role for an experienced Ad Tech professional sits within Visa’s Marketing Global Platform and Capabilities group whose function is to enable Visa global and regional marketing teams with marketing and advertising strategies, technologies, partnerships, and best practices to drive more efficient and effective digital advertising. The individual will identify opportunities for automation by designing and implementing advertising solutions that allow for scale and efficiency in service of Visa's ongoing transformation to a data-driven marketing organization.
- You will create strategies, frameworks and best practices for 1st-part data development and activation
- You will develop audience segmentation strategies and workflows across Visa’s primary global marketing programs; including a test & learn framework that allows for clean control and exposed groups
- You will identify & enable technologies that automate segmentation strategies and best practices across 1st, 2nd and 3rd party data for key global, regional and local marketing initiatives
- You will partner with Visa IT and agency teams to implement Enterprise-level ad tech, including QA and beta/alpha testing
- You will lead the development of technical documentation and ultimately create implementation playbooks, including best practices and learnings
- Provide technical leadership to team members and vendor resources
- Provide technical guidance to cross-functional teams who are defining new requirements or resolving business issues
- Advise key stakeholders on data, audience, and data-driven marketing opportunities; Introduce new strategies by expanding Visa’s application of data and technology
- Partner with Legal, Privacy and Marketing Governance teams to understand and drive compliance with privacy regulations
- Effectively analyze complex issues, identify possible solutions, and present recommendations to stakeholders and agencies
- 8+ years in Digital Marketing (Demand or Supply) or Marketing Operations such as Ad Operations, Programmatic, DSPs, etc.
- You have at least 1 or more years of hands-on experience with marketing tagging (paid media, social, owned media, web, in-app)
- You have 2+ years of direct experience with digital marketing data strategy and operations
- Bachelors Degree in Marketing, Information Systems or related field
- You have domain expertise in Facebook and Google Tech stack (DCM, DV360, GA360, Ads Data Hub, Big Query), or similar platforms like Adobe, Krux, Turn
- You demonstrate robust understanding and technical knowledge of digital IDs and tracking tags, tag management systems, customer data platforms (Tealium preferred), data hubs, cloud technology, DMPs, etc.
- You are experienced with web analytics and mobile analytics
- You are experienced with scientific test design and activation
- You have strong understanding (and prior experience) of brand strategy with a world-class brand
- Passionate about online marketing optimization, data technologies and the advertising/marketing technology space
- Ability to extract, interpret, and effectively communicate data patterns
- Experience with presenting to senior executive, specifically distilling complex topics, concepts, and details into digestible presentations
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.