Manager, Product Strategy and Lifecycle Management
- Foster City, CA, USA
Very few companies can offer its employees the global reach that Visa does. That’s the power of Visa’s “My everywhere” – a big brand with limitless possibilities. Behind the Visa brand are our talented employees who continuously raise the bar with creative solutions and products that deliver the convenience and security of digital currency to more people all over the world. Visa was recently recognized by Forbes as one of the Best Employers in the U.S. and Fortune magazine highlighted us as one of the World’s Most Admired Companies. Everything we do is motivated by our leadership principles: Lead by Example, Communicate Openly, Enable and Inspire, Excel with Partners, Act Decisively, and Collaborate.
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa’s sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
You will be the part of the Product Strategy and Lifecycle Management team responsible for establishing a concrete cadence to fuel Ideation and bring products faster to the market. The team, in collaboration with the product heads, ensures that Visa invests in the most strategic initiatives that solve customer needs.
We are looking for people who would be passionate about bringing the change the way Visa develops and delivers products and solutions. You should be well versed with agile methodology and have prior experience in change management.
This position will also involve development and ongoing management of the 2-3 year product roadmap for one or more Visa product vertical(s). You would develop deep understanding of the assigned Visa product vertical(s), the markets it operates in and the competition it faces from the incumbent players and the emerging Fintech companies. You will liaise with the global product and regional product teams to set and prioritize the product and solution initiatives.
Core duties for the role include:
- Responsible for executing an end to end, from ideation to launch, product lifecycle management process to ensure we fund the most strategic opportunities and improve time to market
- Drive change across the all of the product organization as Visa moves to an agile based consistent product development and delivery methodology
- Collaborate with corporate and regional product leads to build 2-3 year plan of key product initiatives, and which ones are going to be deployed in market and when for the assigned product verticals(s)
- Maintain and evolve long term product roadmap in coordination with regional and global product teams
- Communicate and coordinate overall product strategy and roadmap across cross-functional stakeholders including CSS, Marketing, Technology, and Regional product teams
- Align product roadmap and coordinate across technology for the planning and delivery across associated initiatives with a lens of looking at current and future needs across delivery
- Define and track success measures across product delivery and lifecycle management
- Undergraduate degree required, MBA preferred
- 7+ years of experience in strategy, planning and product management roles
- Management consulting experience preferred
- Prior experience working in an agile environment required. Transformation experience strongly preferred
- Ability to analyze the market in terms of future profit pools, payment volume growth, pricing opportunities, competitor threats etc
- Ability to operate in a highly matrixed environment. Driving consensus, decisions and results through influencing would be key to success
- Strong teamwork and relationship-building skills
- Understanding of the payment industry preferred
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.