Senior Director, Visa Consulting & Analytics (VCA)
- Toronto, ON, Canada
Visa Consulting & Analytics (VCA) is Visa's consulting division, serving Visa's clients (including card issuers, acquirers and merchants) and solving their strategic problems focused on improving performance and profitability. Drawing on our expertise in strategy consulting, payments, data analytics, marketing, operational and macroeconomics, VCA drives high impact and tangible financial results.
The Canadian Visa Consulting & Analytics team sits within the North American regional consulting practice and provides a comprehensive range of advisory consulting services and advanced solutions that address unique challenges across key practice areas such as strategic growth, profit improvement, risk management and digital strategy.
The Sr. Director will play a leadership role on a team of experienced strategic consulting professionals developing and delivering high impact projects for Visa Canada’s largest FI partners. Potential engagements could include market expansion, revenue uplift, segmentation, portfolio management diagnostics, assessments of digital product and marketing programs, development of new products with implementation roadmaps, and optimizing client customer servicing processes.
We are looking for highly motivated, strategic, analytical individuals who will deliver strategic thought leadership, problem diagnostics and high impact solutions to clients. The incumbent must be able to develop enduring, strategic relationships with clients and across the Visa.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Proactively engage with clients and Visa client leadership in
regular strategic & planning discussions; cultivate and manage a pipeline
of work with clients
- Develop frameworks, approaches, solutions and recommendations that
effectively and efficiently address the most impactful opportunities and
- Partner with peers in other functional areas (e.g., marketing,
product, risk, innovation) and across global regional teams to execute
projects in ways that leverage the breadth and depth of Visa’s resources
- Produce insights and analyses to improve client performance,
drive understanding of client issues and provide strategic guidance for client
priorities across the payment P&L
- Where employee is a subject matter expert, provide knowledge
sharing, coaching and training across functional teams and/or regions
We are looking for individuals with deep payments and consulting expertise to provide analysis and strategic thinking to shape the services we deliver to clients, lead consulting engagements and develop actionable and scalable insights and solutions.
Ideal candidate will have payments and management consulting experience.
- Substantial problem solving ability with strategic focus on
- Strong analytical skills, with demonstrated intellectual and
- Self-motivated, results oriented individual with the ability to
handle numerous projects concurrently
- Executive Presence including excellent communication and
presentation skills, written and verbal and ability to communicate at all
levels within large organizations.
- Demonstrated leadership, managerial and collaboration capabilities, particularly with those who are not direct reports as may be found in a matrixed organization
- Experience in managing teams in execution of projects and career mentorship.
- Holds self and others accountable for measurable high quality, timely and effective results. Displays a strong commitment to organizational success
- Ability to identify key strategic issues and to generate and deliver creative and innovative solutions to problems and opportunities.
- Experience in several key issuer business areas, such as portfolio management, marketing, product management, operations, risk management, for both credit and debit cards
- Understanding of card issuers' P&L and critical factors in driving profitability
- Ability to influence and negotiate with senior executives
- 15 years of progressively more responsible business experience in management consulting, payments, card management, or related field (Ideal candidate will have payments and consulting experience.)
- BA/BS required. MBA preferred.
- Excellent communication, story-telling and presentation skills.
- Demonstrate a strong, fact-based POV
- 10-25% travel required
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.