Staff Software Engineer - Data Analytics
- Austin, TX, USA
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa’s sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
The Client Systems team under Issuer Processing Technology team supports full life-cycle delivery and ongoing support of strategic technology initiatives for the Sales, Customer Support, Product, Issuer Processing Business organizations and the Analytics team work on providing Analytical solutions for these Business units.
The Client Systems Analytics team is looking for a candidate with a Software Engineering background who is passionate about Data. As part of the Data Engineering and Analytics team, you will be responsible in building data pipelines to efficiently and reliably move data across CRM systems and build the next generation of data tools and insights to enable democratization of data and data driven decision making.
- Lead technology project delivery activities such as gathering Business requirements, conceptual approach, design, development, test case preparation, unit/integration test execution and support process documentation
- Own engineering and operational excellence in Analytics and implement corrective/preventative actions in data pipelines.
- Build Data solutions using Hive scripts, Sqoop, Pig, oozie, Spark and other utilities on Hadoop
- Build Advanced Analytics/ applications using Machine learning for Text Analytics,Fraud analytics, optimize Business processes, Operational execellence, Automation and using packaged or open source technologies
- Own solution architecture, perform Proof of concept (POC) and build prototypes based on business and technology requirements.
- Work on rationalization of tools and software and responsible for tool and software selection
- Take ownership of data, end to end data pipelines and have deep expertise on data
- Provide insights from data and present to IT and non-technical users to improve operations and productivity
- Build Dashboards and reports to visualize data
- Adept in presenting and explaining technical solutions and Analytical insights to a non technical audience.
- Manage end to end delivery of Data Analytics solutions
- Provide Project Technical Leadership on large projects
- Work with large volume of Transaction data and Log data and synthesze information
- Work in DevOps mode providing production support and deployments using CI/CD
- Work under minimal supervision
- Bachelor or Master’s Degree in Computer Science or related discipline
- Minimum 8 Years of experience in BI/ Analytics Tools with minimum 2 years of experience in Tableau/Power BI or equivalent and 3 years of experience in Big Data (Hadoop ecosystem) is required
- Proven experience in developing and deploying Analytical solutions on Hadoop
- Proven experience in taking ownership and delivering projects, Solution architecture and leading project teams
- Minimum 2 years of experience in Java/ Python/ Scala/ Unix scripting
- Proven experience in Big Data technologies is required, preferably Cloudera Hadoop, Hive, Sqoop, Spark, Flume
- Experience on building real time data integration using Kafka, Spark Streaming or equivalent
- Experience in implementing Analytical solution handling huge volumes of data and fast data
- Experience in NLP, Data Mining, Advanced Analytics, Machine Learning, AI (Rapidminer, IBM, Microsoft, Spark ML, H20, R, Python) is required
- Experience on SQL server, Oracle is required
- Expert in writing SQL queries, database design and Data modelling
- Experience in NoSQL and MPP databases like Cassandra, Redshift, Cloud databases nice to have
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
WFP Info: Client Systems WFP 2.0 - 19