Staff Software Engineer
- Bengaluru, India
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity.
Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the
best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global
vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a
global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our
VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and
businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of
cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working
with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial
services join the global economy. Visa’s sponsorships, including the Olympics
and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout
the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people
around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong,
thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who
continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of
digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how
Visa is everywhere you want to be.
What's the job? As part of the Clearing and Settlement Product Development Team, you'll be responsible for system development, implementation, maintenance and support of Visa's Clearing and Settlement systems, which clear, settle, and deliver transactions to issuer and acquirer
financial institutions globally. Through this challenging job, you'll gain
experience collaborating with various parts of the business in understanding
requirements for system enhancements, identifying areas of improvement and
implementing changes to the system where it is needed. You'll provide
rotational 12/7 on call support for problem resolution. The product that you
oversee will be of the highest quality meeting all requirements within the
Who are we looking for? We are looking for a computer(or similar) engineer with software development & design experience.Having working experience in Cards and Payments Domain is a big advantage for us.
You are a team player, making sure that everyone on your team feels valued and is excited to work with you. Location, time pressure, distractions, none of it matters: no matter the environment, you know you can code and build amazing, high-performing, and bug-free products.
You encourage others to take risks, be bold, and innovate in order to create
exceptional products that are both seamless for our clients and
consumer-facing. No matter the challenge, you know you can find a solution and
encourage others to think the same. You recognize when to ask for help and when
to collaborate with others, working across departments and influencing in areas
beyond immediate control. Above all, you are someone who takes initiative and
thinks like an owner – you've defined your everywhere and lead others to find
theirs all while launching Visa ahead of the game.
Why us? Working at Visa is challenging. The problems that we face and
solve and the decisions that we make affect the world. Visa is all about
helping people around the world reach their Everywhere – the place where their
personal, professional and financial goals intersect. As the premier payments
technology company, we're proud to boast that our commerce platforms touch the
lives of billions, all over the globe. If you have ambition, focus and drive,
and are interested in joining a global team focused on changing the way the
world pays and is paid, you'll find your everywhere at Visa.
- Collaborate with business units and technical staff to define
requirements/modifications for use in designing appropriate solutions.
Evaluate options and provide recommendation on scope and scale of effort
required to develop solutions.
- Create design documents, code, unit/functional test, document and implement new
programs and subprograms, as well as enhancements, modifications, and
corrections to existing software.
- Build and maintain effective relationships across functional areas in order to
provide superior product support.
- Support and deliver on resulting initiatives from the Business Plan and Technology
strategy leveraging re-use, eliminating duplicative components,
architectural design, and use of innovative products.
- Work to ensure technology decisions are "business" driven.
- Suggest and cultivate ideas on the extension of the current systems to new
products and services.
- Must be able to understand the positioning of a solution within the company and
to build consensus to effectively gain buy-in from all participants.
- Identify opportunities for further enhancements and refinements to standards,
processes and systems.
- Provide rotational on-call support (once in every 3 months or so) as scheduled.
Must have experiences:
- Strong working knowledge of C/C++
- Strong Domain knowledge on Cards and Payments Domain
- Strong problem determination skills and ability to resolve critical issues for
complex systems under tight timeframes using dumps and other tools.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to multi task and handle multiple competing priorities with minimal
direction from management. Should possess excellent planning and
- Ability to understand systems from all levels, from the "big picture"
enterprise-level view to the low level technical view.
- Must be able to write technical design and build documentation for all aspects
of a technical infrastructure.
- Strong interpersonal and facilitation skills.
- Ability to represent technical and business issues and solutions to multiple
levels internally and externally to support strategic organizational
- Experience with designing and developing solutions for highly scalable, highly
available complex systems, preferably in the payment systems or other
financial services industry.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent is required.
Good to have experiences:
- Experience in Mainframe is beneficial
- Experience with Blaze tools is beneficial.
- Experience in Java, Web Technologies is beneficial