Managing Consultant - Level 5
- Helsinki, fi
Fascinated by the future and captivated by technology?
Smart, driven and want to make a difference in the world?
You’ll fit right in.
Join a diverse team at Visa, where your individuality fits right in. We can provide the opportunity to shape the payments experience globally. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays.
Think you know us?
Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, reliable and secure digital payment network that enables individuals, businesses and economies to thrive.
Individuality fuels our brand and our global team – we’re proud that we are a talented team of 15,000 individuals with unique backgrounds, perspectives and experiences. Therefore, we understand that you are much more than your day job. We encourage quality of life outside of the office, whether it’s taking advantage of agile work schedules or our wellness programs, Visa respects and encourages meaningful work/life balance for everyone. In addition, we offer market leading salary and have a fantastic benefits offering.
So, if you’re not satisfied with the status quo, we can satisfy your desire to explore new territory, giving you the runway to really make an impact, whilst connecting you with teams around the world in a truly inclusive culture that celebrates our uniqueness.
If you think you could support Visa as a Senior / Managing Consultant, we want to hear from you – together, let’s make Visa a great place to work.
What’s it all about?
Visa Consulting and Analytics (VC&A) drives tangible, impactful and financial results for Visa’s network clients, including both financial services and merchants. Drawing on our expertise in strategy consulting, data analytics, brand management, marketing, operational and macroeconomics, Visa Consulting and Analytics solves the most strategic problems for our clients.
The Nordics and Baltics (N&B) Consulting Practice within VC&A provides consulting and solution services for Visa’s issuer, acquirers and merchants in the Nordics and Baltics. We apply our deep expertise in the payments industry to provide solutions to assist clients with their key business priorities drive growth and improve profitability.
The team is looking for a Senior/Managing Consultant to join our strategic consulting practice and play a role developing high impact projects for Visa’s clients in the N&B region. This role is responsible for delivering and implementing projects and solutions and will develop initiatives to promote sustainable and profitable growth, thereby ensuring that Visa is both, the preferred brand and unique business partner.
Typical projects may include:
- How does an issuer expand or increase market share in consumer market?
- How should a credit card issuer use emerging technology to acquire the best customers?
- How does an issuer expand their credit card portfolio while mitigating credit risk?
- How does an issuer optimize their revenues?
- How do we enable increases spend in specific segments?
What we expect of you, day to day.
- Leads consulting initiatives and contributes to closing engagement by identifying potential opportunities with large banks/financial institutions.
- Develop frameworks, approaches, solutions and recommendations that effectively and efficiently address the most impactful opportunities and challenges.
- Build solutions and actionable insights that will help clients to grow their portfolios
- Partner with peers in other functional areas (e.g., sales and solutions, marketing, sales, risk, innovation, products) and across global regional teams to execute projects in ways that leverage the breadth and depth of Visa’s resources
- Proactively engage with Visa leaders in regular strategic & planning discussions; cultivate and manage a pipeline of work with FIs (Financial Institutions).
- Produce insights, analyses and recommendations to improve client performance, boost growth, drive understanding of client issues and provide strategic guidance for client priorities across the verticals and segments
- Ability to effectively manipulate and analyse large data sets (industry and Visa) to determine meanings insights and recommendations for clients
- Build new scalable solutions, toolkits, best practice documents and consulting approach that can be applied across VCA practice
What we’re after…
- Educated to Bachelor's degree (Economics, analytics, business related fields) or equivalent professional experience, MBA/Masters level preferred
- Substantial relevant experience at a large management consulting firm or similar role at Banks/FIs
- Knowledge and understanding of banking operations and/ or payments, including products & services, business systems and processes and marketing initiatives
- Able to develop enduring, strategic relationships with internal and external clients and across the Visa organization.
- Experience working with financial indicators to measure business performance with a focus on impacting ROI
- Excellent analytical skills, with the ability to use data to convey a clear message to clients and the business
- Ability to solve business problems through data driven methodologies
- Proficiency and continuous skills development in some leading edge analytic and business intelligence tools, e.g. SAS, R, SPSS, Tableau, Business Objects and MicroStrategy
- Self-motivated, results oriented individual with the ability to handle numerous projects concurrently
- Excellent communication, story-telling and presentation skills
- Team player
- Ability to travel up to 30%
- Technology mindset, curious, up-to-date with digital trends and applications
Think you have what it takes?
If you are interested in a career that will challenge and inspire you – we’d love to hear from you!
Diversity & Inclusion
Universal acceptance for everyone, everywhere, is not only our brand promise, it’s the foundation of our company culture. We foster a feeling of connectedness in the workplace, support diversity of thought, culture and background, fight for important initiatives like Equal Pay and actively work to eliminate unconscious biases that hold us all back.
By leveraging the diverse backgrounds and perspectives of our worldwide teams, Visa is a better place to work and a better business partner to our clients.