Product Support Engineer
- Lehi, UT, USA
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do. CyberSource, a Visa company, has been and continues to be a pioneer within the e-Commerce Payment Management world. Our VisaNet network is capable of handling over 65,000 transaction messages per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks.
We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa’s sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
The position can be based either at Visa's office in Lehi, UT or our offices in the Austin, TX, Bellevue, WA, or Visa’s corporate headquarters in Foster City, CA.
Authorize.Net Product Support Staff (PSS) are part of Visa’s Client Services organization and responsible for supporting the functional and technical needs of our growing customer base, which includes merchants, reseller partners, developers and affiliates. The PSS team is responsible for managing escalations from other work groups within the Merchant Support, Partner Support, and Developer Support teams, relating to the functionality of the Authorize.Net product offerings. PSS maintain and follow processes around client communication and documentation related to Change Management, product development participation, trouble ticket resolution and analysis, and maintaining a feedback loop for product improvement and input of new ideas. PSS handle escalations from front-line Customer Support Representatives, Team Leads and other teams within a specified timeframe, and responsible to become a subject matter expert (SME) that supports the overall goal of Client Services. This includes review and editing of internal & external documentation, defining escalation paths, updating knowledge base articles, tracking bugs and incidents, training outline creation, and communicating issues to the Product teams and Service Desks.
The Product Integration Support Engineer is a member of PSS and SME responsible for handling technical integration issues related to hosting and usage of API & SDK services, either by directly interacting with clients or as escalated from front-line teams. Client interaction occurs via tickets, email, chat and phone channels, and requires taking over cases and direct interactions with clients, which include merchant developers, independent software vendors (ISVs) and developers, as well as Authorize.Net Affiliates & Technical Partners requiring assistance with technical implementation issues.
Specific Responsibilities include
• Claim and manage escalations through the Merchant Console CRM, as well as through email. Utilize CS documentation, external department resources, and knowledge of the Authorze.Net systems to resolve multiple and concurrent issues in a timely manner
• Convey thorough understanding of the products and services Authorize.Net provides including value-adds, and resolve related customer issues involving bugs or a change in system behavior
• Assist with creation of training documents and outlines, with Transfer-of-Information to the Learning & Training team supporting the Merchant Support & Partner Support teams
• Communicate clearly and effectively both verbally and in writing to internal and external clients. This includes documentation of processes and procedures
• Be on-call 24x7 for approximately one week each month for incident management required
• Partner with CS Leadership, Marketing, Product Management and other groups to ensure reports, product launches and other communications are distributed in a timely matter to front-line agents
• Claim, resolve and escalate tickets to and from Visa Operations, Product Development, and Batching Operations, and communicate trends to the business
• Provide notifications and offer high level troubleshooting to customers impacted by system issues
• Refine internal and external communication processes and procedures as needed
• Represent Client Services on outage bridge calls and new product code releases, including outside of normal business hours, assisting with reproducing issues, and communicating impact experienced by the client and Support teams
• Troubleshoot technical issues and bugs by reproducing, user testing, and log analysis
• Creation and management of Support Center Knowledge Base articles
• Represent CS and customers in recurring Product Development meetings in area of subject matter expertise, primarily API & SDK techncial integration, helping define requirements and resolution paths
• Responsible to be a subject matter expert in the following areas, including but not limited to:
• ANET API, SDK & Integration troubleshooting
• Mobile Devices, Card Present SDKs & VPOS
• Partner & Affiliate API usage
• All Value-Added Services and Interfaces
• Processor connection capabilities
Strong foundation of customer focus and technical & functional problem solving skills. 4+ years of experience in a Customer Support role with at least 2 years in-depth technical experience such as Tier 3 technical support, server hosting, software development, or back-end web development preferred
Experience working with Windows, MacOS, Unix, Linux OS in a development or hosting environment
Knowledgeable of common frameworks such as Java, PHP, Python, .Net, and other languages supported in Authorize.Net's SDKs and Sample Code
Capable of querying in SQL
Strong in troubleshooting integrations involving XML, SOAP, and JSON API formats
Proficient in usage of analytics tools such as Splunk and Tableau for log analysis
Experience and enjoyment working directly with customers via phone, email, chat and online ticketing systems
- Must have the ability to skillfully prioritize and manage concurrent merchant projects and issues
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience in working with cross-functional/cross-department teams
- Experience in project management preferred
- A self-starter with strong organization skills and resolution management.
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, MIS, EE, CE or equivalent experience.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.