Intern - Data Product Development (Software Engineer)
- Reading, UK
As the world’s leader in digital payments technology, Visa’s mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
For current university students, the Visa Internship Program is the biggest step you can take to joining our Revolution of Payments Innovation. Throughout the 11 weeks at Visa, you will take on meaningful work, get executive exposure, engage in out-of-the-box problem solving, and participate in social and community service activities. From technology to business, we are looking for people who can innovate, collaborate and drive Visa into the next era of an already rapidly-evolving digital market place. A trip to our Global Intern Summit to learn from payments experts from across the world is just the beginning, to what we hope will be a lasting career at Visa.
You’re an Individual. We’re the team for you. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays.
Visa customers trust us with the richest data on earth about global commerce. Working in Data Product Development at Visa is a unique opportunity at a time when the payments industry is undergoing a digital transformation with data as a critical differentiator, where we’ve recognised that investment in our technology, infrastructure and people is key to our collective success. The Data Product Development team are driving forward the implementation of a number of exciting and unique products around the Risk, Fraud, Reporting and ‘country in a box’ spaces using BigData technologies in partnership with the latest in UI stack design.
We offer you the opportunity to be at the centre of innovation in the payments industry and unleash the power of data. Some cool things are interns work on include:
- Ship high quality products and features with an end-to-end mindset from conception to delivery, production support, owning specifications, quality, release deployments and monitoring of production health.
- Accurately scope effort, identify risks and clearly communicate trade-offs with the team members and other stakeholders.
- Coordinate and participate in Continuous Integration activities, automation frameworks for testing and deployments in addition to contributing to core product code.
Visa are a talented team of 15,000 individuals with unique backgrounds, perspectives and experiences. We’re looking for the next generation of Techies - dreamers, disruptors, creatives and trailblazers - who are fascinated by new technology and want to be empowered to change the way business is done.
Therefore, our requirements are few:
- Current university student graduating in 2021
- Pursuing a Bachelor's or Master’s degree in Computer Science or a related technical discipline
- A demonstrable passion for computing
- Solid object-oriented programming background and ability to independently pick up and apply other technologies
Universal acceptance for everyone, everywhere, is not only our brand promise, it’s the foundation of our company culture. We foster a feeling of connectedness in the workplace, support diversity of thought, culture and background, fight for important initiatives like Equal Pay and actively work to eliminate unconscious biases that hold us all back.