CSO Manager - REF14938F
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa’s sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
The Manager is responsible for understanding both the technical and business impact of operations but ensuring that the shift understands it as well. The Manager is responsible for managing the shift from allocation of duties, coordination amongst shift, with application or development teams, prioritization of tasks, to mentoring in ensuring an efficient shift. Awareness of critical jobs, issues and situations including attendance (participate or drive) on Problem Bridge Calls and capability to assess escalation requirement are a must. The Manager is responsible for all Management instructions are adhered and complied 100% and serves as Senior Management focal point on respective shifts. In addition to guiding the team goal with Visa Values and initiatives to successfully support the core systems and applications.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supervises 2nd Level support, resolution, and escalation of Processing on Mainframe the Environment of the Visa’s Core applications, operating system, and services with higher level of expertise and confidence
- Manages the shift to ensure
- that the team fixes Mainframe Abends in a timely manner and escalate as appropriate
- that all issues are received and completed within the SLA timescales and escalates accordingly and appropriately based on escalation documents.
- that all Incidents are tracked for root cause and trend analysis in Problem Management and be dealt with Change Management for permanent fix.
- Correct, Timely, and Complete Deliverables: bau tasks, assignments, projects, and other ‘adhoc’ tasks assigned from time to time.
- good and coordinated working relationship with Service Desk, Application and Development teams, Engineering, and Vendor specialists
o that processes, procedures, and standards are followed
- thorough analysis of Incident Work Info and Change Request Task before implementation
- Provide Senior Manager delegate duties when required
- provide as technical focal point for Senior Management communication
- provide support and representation during management meetings, implementation and problem recovery meetings
- Provide comprehensive Executive Summaries and Business Impacts to management
- Manage all major business and application implementation activities with no impact to Service Levels
- Oversee day-to-day mentoring to junior staff including job training and coaching
- Provide immediate escalation from junior colleagues prior to escalation to Senior Management
- Provides technical analysis and review in support of Operational efficiencies and enhancements
- Facilitates develops new processes and WEB based content for departmental use
- Performs root cause and/or trend analysis for Problem Management for Applications or Development teams for permanent fix
- Works with application or development teams in recovery of complex technical problems
- Supports initiatives to enhance tools functionality working with Tools Support and Engineering groups and ensure participation from colleagues
- Provides quarterly status feedback of all reporting subordinates to management
- Ensure that all Incident, CRQ, and PBI Tickets received in the shift are all accounted, updated and turned over if not completed within the shift
- Ensure all teams complete Clarity on time and all required Surveys and Trainings. Including accounting for any RTN support that is captured in the VFM tool.
- Ensure that the teams report on time and Turnover convenes on timely fashion as well.
Key Performance Indicator
- Ability to Lead a team providing shift management, operations supervision, and mentoring
- Ability to handle pressure and difficult situation in a manner reflective of a Visa employee
- Perform Incident, Change and Problem Management according to documented guidelines.
- Be able to respond / action escalation utilizing our knowledge base in Incident tickets, websites, and documented process/procedures.
- Ensure all issue is tracked, resolved to maintain and make improvements to ensure no SLA’s are missed or extended outages occurs.
- Strong ability to apply efficient decision-making, problem-solving and technical skills.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- 7+ years as a Team Leader and or Manager Capacity with similar experience and responsibility function in a multi-data center environment.
- Extensive knowledge of MVS OS/390, C:D, FTP, SFTP, SDSF, Solve (Netmaster), CA-ESP(scheduling package), TSO & TPX, JCL, Sysview, Tandem, C1 Endeavor, Data Express, Prognosis, Netcool Alerting Tool, REXX/CLIST, application support, and Remedy reporting tool.
- Working / practical knowledge of the Windows & Tandem environments.
- Working knowledge of CICS, DB2, MQ Channel, and tape processing.
- Experience with large server (IBM mainframe) technologies and architectures in a complex, heterogeneous systems environment.
- Subject matter expertise in REXX, OPS/MVS, Systems State Manager, Windows, Tivoli, Network & ESP scheduling.
- Run Ad hoc scripts against Tandem database for problem resolution or customer metrics.
- Experienced in analyzing processing environments with focus on identifying improvement opportunities and efficiencies to process, procedures, and Visa applications while working closely with 3rd level support groups.
- Experience in working with various technical teams which include application support, development and engineering teams.
- Strong understanding in Incident, Problem and Change management per the ITIL process.
- Excellent Team Player and good listener
- Strong reporting and documentation skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Leads by example
- Someone who builds excellence within themselves and their teams
- Hours vary but mostly typical business hours with possibility of being oncall for escalation
- Teams work 12 hours shifts, Days or Nights on a rotating basis.
- Can work off Business hours to support the business as necessary.
- This is an operational department therefore you may be required to work weekends and over the holiday periods as requested or scheduled.