Visa Discovery Program Traineeship (Undergrad) - China, Product Department
- Shanghai, China
As the world’s leader in digital payments technology, Visa’s mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
The Visa Discovery Program is the biggest step you can take to joining our Revolution of Payments Innovation. Throughout your traineeship period at Visa, you will take on meaningful work, get executive exposure and engage in out-of-the-box problem solving.
Internship Period: Minimum commitment of 3 months
Work Frequency: minimum 3 days per week
Insight to Role
The Products function drives consumer product and commercial product innovation and development for Visa in China. The group identifies, prioritizes and builds alliances and solutions for new products, platforms and market segment penetration. The team focuses on product/service strategy, market development, product innovation and development, product deployment, enhancements management and strategic alliances.
The Product CVP & Platform intern role is to support the team during the period on project task follow-up, desktop research and data processing for value proposition development, product governance, and platform operations.
Support Product Directors on:
- Conducting research on designated segment or verticals
- Existing projects and tasks
- Platform offer maintenance and operations such as usage data collection, quality test, complain issue investigation etc.
- Product governance process such as certification form and product inventory
- Coordinating meetings and information collation for team
In addition to own team, the role may need to have contacts with:
- Customer Relationship Management teams
- Platform service providers
- Other functions like: Operations, Finance, Human Resource, etc.
- An undergraduate student in your 2nd or 3rd year of academic program
- Fluent in Mandarin and English (verbal and written)
- MS Office proficiency (especially Excel and PowerPoint)
- Good analytical and research ability
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong desire to learn and quick to pick up new knowledge
- Positive attitude with strong inter-personal communication skills
- Knowledge of finance or management a plus, Statistics or MIS major preferred