Senior Manager, Specifications, Standards and Industry Liaison - Level 5
- London, UK
Fascinated by the future and captivated by technology?
Smart, driven and want to make a difference in the world?
You’ll fit right in.
Join a diverse team at Visa, where your individuality fits right in. We can provide the opportunity to shape the payments experience globally. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays.
Think you know us?
Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, reliable and secure digital payment network that enables individuals, businesses and economies to thrive.
Individuality fuels our brand and our global team – we’re proud that we are a talented team of 15,000 individuals with unique backgrounds, perspectives and experiences. Therefore, we understand that you are much more than your day job. We encourage quality of life outside of the office, whether it’s taking advantage of agile work schedules or our wellness programs, Visa respects and encourages meaningful work/life balance for everyone. In addition, we offer market leading salary and have a fantastic benefits offering.
So, if you’re not satisfied with the status quo, we can satisfy your desire to explore new territory, giving you the runway to really make an impact, whilst connecting you with teams around the world in a truly inclusive culture that celebrates our uniqueness.
If you think you could support Visa as a Senior Manager, Specifications, Standards and Industry Liaison, we want to hear from you – together, let’s make Visa a great place to work.
What's it all about?
The standards and specifications that underpin Visa's Processing, Core and Digital products define the foundations on which all of our services are built. The purpose of this role is to become the de facto subject matter expert managing input to key global specifications and industry standards and influencing global specifications for a specific area, product or channel.
Acts as subject matter expert for specific products and/or channels and help lead the development of future product or channel specifications; anticipates internal and/or external business challenges and/or regulatory issues; recommends product or channel improvements; solves unique and complex problems that have a broad impact on the business; contributes to the development of functional or departmental strategy.
The role requires close collaboration with stakeholders across Visa, and externally to ensure that the strategic, business and technical requirements are met, and that efficient and practical solutions are developed.
What we expect of you, day to day.
- Everyone is a leader at Visa, you will become a subject matter expert for specific products, channels or aspects of payments technology, both internally and on a cross-industry basis, sharing your subject matter expertise and acting in a mentorship capacity where appropriate
- You will engage with key stakeholders across Visa to identify and prioritise business requirements
- You will represent Visa at key industry standards bodies, industry forums and with Visa, guiding and influencing their work to ensure the resulting industry standards and global specifications meet Visa business needs
- You will contribute to the activities of key industry bodies that will benefit our business and identify activity that could negatively impact or constrain our business
- You will clearly and openly communicate complex ideas, anticipating potential objections and persuading others, often external to Visa and at senior levels to adopt different points of view and approaches
- You will bring SME knowledge back into the Visa organisation and support the areas of the business impacted by or looking to make use of the resulting specifications and standards
- You will contribute to member and vendor's support resolving specification and implementation related questions and issues, endeavouring to break down silos and work together as One Visa
- You will support the activities of key industry bodies that will benefit our business and identifying and countering activity that could negatively impact or constrain our business. Anticipating and responding to internal and/or external business challenges and/or regulatory issues; Solving unique and complex problems that have a broad impact on the business
What we're after...
- A passion for Fintech, and in particular payments
- Significant knowledge and experience of payment technologies and channels
- Knowledge and experience of the complexities of the payment eco-system
- Depth and/or breadth of expertise of representing a commercial organisation in specification and/or standards groups
- Ability to translate business requirements into technical detail and explain technical detail at a business level
- Communication, negotiation and influencing skills amongst internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to assess situations and solve problems through sound reasoning and structured thinking
- Excellent team work and interpersonal skills for working within Visa
- Drive to succeed and progress further within Visa
- Ability to demonstrate tangible results to prove key business competencies
- Focussing on customers and stakeholders
- Communicating with clarity
Think you have what it takes?
If you are interested in a career that will challenge and inspire you – we’d love to hear from you!
Diversity & Inclusion
Universal acceptance for everyone, everywhere, is not only our brand promise, it’s the foundation of our company culture. We foster a feeling of connectedness in the workplace, support diversity of thought, culture and background, fight for important initiatives like Equal Pay and actively work to eliminate unconscious biases that hold us all back.
By leveraging the diverse backgrounds and perspectives of our worldwide teams, Visa is a better place to work and a better business partner to our clients.