Director, Visa Consulting & Analytics - Nationals Account
- Washington, DC, USA
Visa Consulting and Analytics (VC&A) drives tangible, impactful and financial results for Visa’s network clients, including both financial services and merchants. Drawing on our expertise in strategy consulting, data analytics, brand management, marketing, operational and macroeconomics, Visa Consulting and Analytics solves the most strategic problems for our clients.
The US Consulting Practice within VC&A provides consulting and solution services for Visa’s largest issuers in the United States. We apply deep expertise in the payments industry to provide solutions to assist clients with their key business priorities, drive growth and improve profitability. The VC&A team provides a comprehensive range of consulting services to deliver solutions that address unique challenges in areas such as improving profitability, strategic growth, customer experience, digital payments and managing risk.
VCA team is looking for a Director to join our strategic consulting practice and play a role developing high impact projects for Visa’s clients in the North America region. The potential candidate will be responsible for delivering and implementing projects and solutions with the Nationals Accounts (Largest Issuers for Visa). This person will develop initiatives to promote sustainable and profitable growth, thereby ensuring that Visa is both, the preferred brand and unique business partner.
The ideal candidate is a highly analytical individual with previous strategy, consulting and /or payments experience.
Typical projects may include:
- How does an issuer expand or increase market share in consumer market?
- How should a credit card issuer use emerging technology to acquire the best customers?
- How does an issuer expand their credit card portfolio while mitigating credit risk?
- How does an issuer optimize their revenues?
- How do we enable increases spend in specific segments?
Specific responsibilities include:
- Proactively engage with Visa leaders in regular strategic & planning discussions; cultivate and manage a pipeline of work with FIs.
- Leads consulting initiatives and contributes to closing engagement by identifying potential opportunities with large banks/financial institutions.
- Develop frameworks, approaches, solutions and recommendations that effectively and efficiently address the most impactful opportunities and challenges.
- Build solutions and actionable insights that will help clients to grow their portfolios
- Partner with peers in other functional areas (e.g., sales and solutions, marketing, sales, risk, innovation, products) and across global regional teams to execute projects in ways that leverage the breadth and depth of Visa’s resources
- Produce insights, analyses and recommendations to improve client performance, boost growth, drive understanding of client issues and provide strategic guidance for client priorities across the verticals and segments
- Ability to effectively manipulate and analyze large data sets (industry and Visa) to determine meanings insights and recommendations for clients
- Build new scalable solutions, toolkits, best practice documents and consulting approach that can be applied across VCA practice
Incumbents applying for the role should be self-motivated, highly energized; detail-oriented individuals who will deliver strategic thought leadership, problem diagnostics and high impact solutions to clients support the growth and performance. Candidates must be able to develop enduring, strategic relationships with internal and external clients and across the Visa organization.
Preferred Background in one or more of these areas: Banking/Payments/Analytics & experience with a leading consulting firm
Location: DC area preferred (Office is in Ashburn VA) or East Coast based.
- Bachelor's degree required, MBA/Masters preferred
- 8+ years of relevant experience at large management consulting firm or similar role at Banks/FIs
- Experience working with financial indicators to measure business performance. Significant focus on impacting ROI
- Strong analytical skills, with demonstrated intellectual and analytical rigor
- Self-motivated, results oriented individual with the ability to handle numerous projects concurrently
- Knowledge and understanding of banking operations and/ or payments, including products & services, business systems and processes and marketing initiatives
- Excellent communication, story-telling and presentation skills
- Team player
- Ability to travel up to 25%
- Technology mindset, curious, up-to-date with digital trends and applications
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.