Intern (Undergrad)- Sales/Business Development (multiple locations)
- Foster City, CA, USA
Note: By applying to this position your application is automatically considered for the following locations: Foster City, CA; San Francisco, CA; Palo Alto, CA; Seattle, WA; Ashburn, VA; Bellevue, WA; Austin, TX; Highlands Ranch, CO
As the world’s leader in digital payments technology, Visa’s mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
The Visa Internship Program is the biggest step you can take to joining our Revolution of Payments Innovation. Throughout the 12 weeks at Visa, you will take on meaningful work, get executive exposure, engage in out-of-the-box problem solving, and participate in social and community service activities. From technology to business, we are looking for people who can innovate, collaborate and drive Visa into the next era of an already rapidly-evolving digital market place. If you’re up for the challenge, please consider joining our team.
You’re an Individual. We’re the team for you. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays.
The Undergraduate Intern- Sales/Business Development role responsible for executing sales strategies to increase revenue through expanded usage of Visa cards, products and services. This includes identifying stakeholders, creating and delivering value propositions, and negotiating contractual arrangements. The position will work closely with internal and external partners to ensure appropriate communication flows and sustained business relationships that achieve annual goals.
- Expand revenue and partnerships through selling Visa acceptance products and services
- Develop an understanding of the client business, including payment strategy across all product platforms
- Utilize a consultative sales approach to illustrate how Visa products and services meet the client’s business objectives
- Continuously review client landscape and adjust value propositions to adapt
- Contribute to the development of functional strategy
- Foster productive relationships at all levels of the client organization
- Actively participate in various ad-hoc internal projects as assigned
- Participate in sales meetings and training activities
- Maximize merchant satisfaction as measured by Net Promoter Score
- Must be attending school for a Bachelor's Degree
- Card payment experience a plus
- Successful track record of selling to senior leaders at Fortune 500 companies
- Demonstrated understanding of sales processes
- Ability to overcome objections and exceed sales goals
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to identify key decision makers and create and deliver effective presentations to diverse audiences up to the executive levels
- Experience in negotiating business agreements and enhance existing and new relationships
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.