Business Development Manager
- Quito, Ecuador
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa's sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
- Lead the business and the relationship development with assigned clients. Align objectives, priorities and resources between Visa and clients.
- Establish Visa as the preferred partner among clients.
- Deliver financial objectives including revenue, payment volume and market penetration objectives. P&L management for the assigned clients.
- Develop and implement Strategic Plan with aligned Objectives, Goals, Strategies and Measures for clients, leveraging resources from Visa and clients.
- Understand the decision making process within the clients, developing productive relationships at all organizational levels.
- Understand clients’ strategies, priorities, needs and business processes, presenting strategic ideas on how Visa’s products can impact their results; in alignment with industry developments and dynamics
- Secure new business opportunities with clients, as well as "re-engagements opportunities" via a consultative sales approach in assigned clients.
- Manage, facilitate and implement Visa’s services to meet client's business targets assignment objectives, project scope, budget, paperwork, project supervision and project delivery.
- Initiate, develop and maintain business practices e.g., Consulting Practices for Debit, Premium Products, Acquiring, etc by developing engagements and benchmarking tools to support Visa clients' optimization of their operations and P&L's.
- Accountable for optimizing resources to achieve volume and revenue targets and P&L within defined market(s). Maximize value of investments in markets / country. Position is responsible for managing the client's budget (incentives).
- He/she is expected to decide over strategic and tactical matters for which he / she is responsible for and escalate the ones that require senior management involvement.
- Conduct business with ethics all across the stakeholders.
- Ability to generate innovative creative solutions to unique problems and opportunities encountered in complex, and dynamic environments.
- Influence key members of the organization.
- Retail banking experience (i.e., strong knowledge of banking consumer business - marketing, branches, consumer loans, operations, systems.)
- Strong knowledge of card payments industry, its products, services and technologies along with bankcard industry experience (strong knowledge base of the card business including account solicitation, account maintenance, operations, systems and risk management.)
- Strong project management skills.
- Deep consulting skills and client engagement capabilities.
- Strong selling profile and a credible demeanor, with the ability to quickly become knowledgeable of Visa Consulting services to sell relevant assignments to clients.
- Strong financial acumen and analytical skills.
- Experience working with financial indicators to measure business performance including P&L responsibility
- Consistent record of leading and driving teams to achieve and exceed established goals.
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural environment.
- Strong commercial acumen and solid business judgment.
- Strong teamwork and collaboration skills with the ability to work effectively with inter-disciplinary groups.
- Results driven, flexible and both internally and externally customer focused.
- Bachelor's degree/ preferably MBA degree
- 8+ years of business experience in the card/payment industry
- Native level Fluency in Spanish and English
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.