Chief Software Engineer (REF15097M) - Visa Digital Developer Platform (VDDP)
- Foster City, CA, USA
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa’s sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
Digital and Developer Platform at Visa is looking for a passionate senior leader to advance Visa’s Payment Digitization Platform. This Individual will play a pivotal role applying his/her expertise to formulate solutions for difficult problems to implement and scale our Digitization strategy.
Reporting to the VP, Engineering, the Chief Software Engineer will technically lead large and complex projects, help design mission-critical high-volume low-latency services and provide hands on development and mentorship to engineering leads as required. S/he will partner with product partners to understand the business landscape, jointly ideate on business needs for our Digitization platform and build the strategy for our team to architect, design and deliver the next wave of Payment Innovations.
Primary responsibilities will include:
- Be accountable for implementing highly scalable, low-latency, high-throughput systems that have five 9 availability.
- Drives the design for key cross team / cross product development projects (via architecture/design documents and developing key modules).
- Establishes software development patterns and best practices via examples and shipping code.
- Ensures that all relevant engineering teams follow a common set of principles and patterns and utilize a standard set of technology frameworks and libraries.
- Provides leadership across the engineering community to ensure solutions are built in alignment with platform principles and standards.
- Mentors and builds world-class high-performing engineering teams.
- Applies architecture best practices that helps increase execution velocity.
- Develops architectures that are inherently secure, robust, scalable, modular, API-centric and global.
- Influences technology selection for the enterprise.
- Defines deployment topology by working with peers across the technology organization.
- Optimizes use of Visa’s Platforms & Solutions.
- Demonstrates thought leadership through presentations and teaching across Visa.
- Experienced technology leader with a minimum of 15+ years of software development experience including 5+ years of application architecture.
- Prior experience must include technical leadership for mission-critical system applications supporting high transaction systems.
- Must have Extensive hands on design/coding experience/skills building systems software preferably in domains that require high through-put and low-latency.
- Extensive hands on design/coding experience/skills using some of the latest technologies for implementing
- Team player and passionate for building a culture of innovation and flawless execution.
- Professional experience in ideation and incubation, which has led to shipping and supporting products in Production.
- Must demonstrate longer-term strategic thinking and staying ahead of state-of-the-art curve in order to keep abreast with what’s possible technically, operationally and professionally.
- Capable of forming and advocating independent viewpoint. Demonstrate strong skills influencing, negotiating and communicating.
Computer Science or related technical discipline is required. Master’s degree is a plus.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.