Vice President, Corporate IT- Finance Systems
- Foster City, CA, USA
Visa’s Corporate IT group has embarked on a major transformational journey. We will not follow the 'traditional' IT playbook of simply purchasing off the shelf solutions and stitching them together. We are transforming ourselves into a true engineering organization where we put customer experience first, create highly leveraged (and loved) platforms with a heavy emphasis on operational excellence such as ensuring our platforms and services are unbreakable. Where we choose to continue with packaged software we will invent our way around their limitations such as poor UI or scale.
Reporting to the Senior Vice President of Corporate Information Technology, The Vice President of Finance Systems provides senior leadership to drive the strategic vision for the Finance IT organization, including pricing, billing and revenue systems, ERP modules, financial planning and forecasting, and other financial systems. The ideal candidate will provide innovative leadership, motivation, and guidance required for IT to successfully meet strategic objectives and deliverables in support of the business needs. It will be critical to foster and drive innovation and experimentation, delivering software solutions that meet or exceed customer and stakeholder expectations, often helping shape business requirements in a manner that optimally leverages technology teams.
The candidate will be responsible for a cross-functional global team of senior engineers, solution architects, technical project managers and operations teams to define technology project architecture, technology strategy, and play a leadership role providing guidance to stakeholders. This individual will provide thought and people leadership to identify and execute the actions required for successful delivery of Visa’s strategic priorities. The individual must be a strong leader, able to engage and challenge senior audiences, identify and prioritize actions, and navigate a highly-matrixed, global environment.
This position may be located in Foster City, CA or Austin, TX.
- Developing and executing the technology strategies and roadmaps to meet business objectives with existing and/or emerging technologies in Finance.
- Leading a growth organization by hiring, training and maintaining high-performing teams; creating a safe and diverse work environment; developing personal growth opportunities for all levels of the organization
- Partnering with Finance on the technical strategy for next generation cloud solutions to support our Finance business processes.
- Working closely with executive management to define priorities, direction and timelines
- Researching Finance best practices and industry innovations and apply those across the HR business and technology landscape
- Overseeing preparations of business case and needs analysis as they arise for the Finance portfolio of applications.
- Develop an integration strategy to ensure one cohesive user interface with one source for information that adheres to our Corporate integration strategy.
- Coordinating with functional and technical staff and lead system-related projects and initiatives such as, new system functionality and/or new technologies
- Responsibility for support and maintenance of our Finance systems
- Proving leadership and oversight to large transformational programs across many functional teams including 3rd party vendors.
- Providing mentoring, coaching, career development and day to day management of work to a team of business analysts, process analysts, software engineers and support resources globally
- Keep executive management informed of progress and obstacles impeding the successful architecture, implementation of projects and other departmental activities through status reports, presentations, etc.
- Provide workforce plans, budget development, tracking and forecasting. Manage the team to achieve target scope, schedule and cost objectives
- BS/MS in Computer Science / Computer Engineering, Science, Math, or professional degree plus equivalent work experience
- 15+ years of technology leadership experience with increasing responsibility growing and leading high performance teams and directing the IT function
- Extensive corporate and packaged application knowledge in organizations > 5000 employees
- Experience planning, designing and implementing efficient business and system solutions for Finance business functions
- Experience deploying enterprise resource planning (ERP) level applications in global corporations
- Multi-tasking ability essential to handle multiple priorities with minimal direction from management and adjust to changing priorities and requirements in a rapidly growing organization
- Ability to take ownership of complex, multi-faceted, open-ended problems and drive them to completion
- Strong leadership and people management skills, with demonstrated ability to lead global, multi-functional teams
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, and explain the technology strategy to diverse audiences; in particular, the ability to describe IT situations, alternatives and recommendations in readily understood non-technical language
- Ability to drive consensus across diverse, global technology and business partners will be key
- Sound judgment, high ethical standards and the ability to work effectively with others at all levels
- Customer-oriented and cool-tempered
- ITIL, Six Sigma or Agile development experience desired
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.