Senior UX Designer, Core Design
- Austin, TX, USA
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa’s sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
Visa UX is a tight-knit group of Analysts, Designers, and Engineers focused on helping teams across Visa to improve their user experience. We work in a fun and fast-paced environment; designing, improving, and developing websites and applications for desktop and mobile devices as well as conducting user research in our state-of-the-art Usability Research Lab. Think of us like Visa's internal UX agency, we do.
You'll apply design thinking and user-centered design principles while you work closely with stakeholders to conceive and design beautiful, compelling and effective products. You'll be involved in the early stages of research and ideation and will collaborate with multi-disciplinary teams through the iteration and development process. You are an accomplished designer who is fluent with digital experiences across platforms but also confident storyboarding consumer journeys with a pencil and paper.
All of our team members are strategic thinkers and conceptual problem solvers who make every design decision an informed one. Each team member is trusted to independently manage their time and work, and make bold decisions using their best judgment. We value proven skills over big egos and thrive on positive, transparent teamwork.
- Design mobile, desktop and device specific experiences that are well thought out and engaging.
- Produce storyboards, mockups and digital designs.
- Collaborate with stakeholders in co-creation workshops.
- Create working prototypes for demonstration purposes.
- Present design concepts to Senior Leadership and external partners.
- Gather and incorporate requirements and feedback from multiple stakeholders.
- Understand and advocate for the consumer's experience.
- Candidate must communicate ideas and design decisions effectively.
- Strong mobile, responsive and product design skills.
- Strong facilitator and collaborator.
- Experience working hands-on with developers and stakeholders in a fast-paced environment.
- Possess a strong design point-of-view and proven ability to communicate it.
- Expert knowledge of Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator.
- Rapid prototyping experience using Axure, html or similar.
- 5 yrs experience, preferably working with start-ups and established companies.
- BA/BS in related field required. MS/MFA preferred.
Applicants must provide a link to portfolio of work samples showing visual design, mobile experience and storyboarding.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.