Senior Director, Controllership, CIS&SEE
- Kyiv, Ukraine, 02000
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 65,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access
to financial services join the global economy. Visa’s sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how
Visa is everywhere you want to be.
- Ensure a high quality of accounting accuracy, timeliness of reporting and compliance to corporate policies, GAAP, SEC and SOX requirements.
- Liaise with and build a working relationship with Regional Shared Services Centre to oversee all the above functions for all CIS&SEE operations
- Support and Assist Regional Controller (CEMEA) to obtain, review, analyze and communicate financial and non-financial data and reports.
- Ensure transactions are captured, recorded, summarized and reported in compliance with policies & procedures, US GAAPs, IFRS, as well as statutory, corporate and tax requirements (as applicable).
- Ensure filing of timely and accurate local statutory financial statements ensuring compliance with local GAAPs. Ensure consistent treatment in line with Global policies. This includes knowledge and reconciliation of US to Local GAAP differences.
- Work closely with CEMEA Controller as well as other team members in the Controllership space to assess requirements for change in processes and procedures. Initiate and propose procedural changes to enhance data quality and process flows.
- Work closely with CIS&SEE Group Country Manager, other country Managers and stakeholders ensuring full alignment on all Controls related matters.
- Lead Operations Support team in CIS&SEE
- Drive efficiency through automation of business processes while leveraging Visa’s fully integrated accounting system and other
- Drive projects as directed by line management.
- Assess financial and non-financial impact of changes to accounting policies processes and other procedures applicable for the business.
- Drive continuous efficiency and effectiveness in day-to-day activities.
- Work closely with business departments, other finance functions while leading Operations Support team to assist in implementation of policies and procedures to drive a higher quality and resolve issues.
- Analyze executed business transactions to detect anomalies and non-compliances. Work with other supporting functions to investigate report and assist the business units to remediate issues and implement effective controls to avoid re-occurrence. Provide general oversight of internal control health-check.
- Work closely with the Controllers and other team members to address issues raised by auditors.
- Ensure meeting deadlines for monthly, quarterly and annual financial close. Quality of accounting records – compliant with corporate policies, GAAP, SEC and SOX. Accurate accounting of transactions – leading to minimum accounting adjustments/errors.
- Quality of supervision/advice given and effectiveness of the team in jointly producing the desired output. Be a role model to demonstrate efficient execution, constant enhancement in ownership and core values.
- Good understanding of process work flow to define/solve problems and issues.
- Lead and operate with minimal supervision and make decisions based on acquired skills and knowledge.
- Effective communication with stakeholders to ensure consistent application of policies and procedures.
- Excellent project management skills to drive various projects to completion with minimal supervision.
- Ensure presence of effective controls
- Non-recurrence of audit issues.
- Timely and effective implementation of assigned projects/duties.
- Make decisions on appropriate accounting treatment for transactions in compliance with published policies and guidelines.
- Prioritize tasks within job function balancing the need to meet tight deadlines and other corporate demands.
- Initiate and implement process changes within assigned function to improve controls, productivity or quality of work output.
- Exercise good judgment to escalate issues to Regional Controller CEMEA along with recommended solution to resolve.
- Liaise and respond to queries from internal / external auditors, HQ and Hub finance and Tax with recommendations on action plans to resolve detected discrepancies.
- Degree in Accounting or professional accounting qualification (ACA, ACCA CPA or equivalent)
- Minimum 10 years of relevant accounting and controls related experience (ideally in a multi-national publicly traded company)
- Hands on experience with US GAAP/IFRS and SEC/statutory requirements
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, and ability to work well in a fast paced and high volume environment
- Experience in a Big 4 public accounting firm is a strong advantage
- Strong technical accounting skills, and experience researching and documenting accounting issues
- Knowledge and Experience of controls and Risk management
- Proficiency with Microsoft office applications – Excel, Word, Access
- Conceptual and working knowledge of financial database
- Knowledge and hands-on experience of Oracle, Ariba, Hyperion and other related tools
- Strong business ethics
- Ability to work well under pressure and juggle multiple priorities
- Ability to work in a fast paced and dynamic environment
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.