Unix System Analyst - Application Support
- Austin, TX, USA
Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do. CyberSource, a Visa company, has been and continues to be a pioneer within the e-Commerce Payment Management world. Our VisaNet network is capable of handling over 65,000 transaction messages per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks.
We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa’s sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
“Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.”
We are seeking a System Analyst to work in the Distributed Operations Support Team. The candidate will be responsible for managing, maintaining and day to day care and feed of mission critical 24*7 applications. You'll be working in a face-paced environment and will be a liaison between the Product Office and Product Development. You will also be working closely with infrastructure, security and other teams as required. Responsibilities would include:
• Responsible for supporting critical Visa Business applications and ensuring the stability of the applications.
• Perform proactive maintenance activities, engage in automation activities, and perform root cause analysis and remediation.
• Write and maintain scripts to monitor system functionality and performance.
• Apply code and operation break fixes and other proactive maintenance activities
• Will evaluate the issues reported by Visa clients and members in order to provide ongoing solutions.
• Performance performance tuning of applications
• Execute decisive action to preserve and maintain service availability, performance, integrity, capacity, and security.
• Participate in root causes analysis for service failure and provide resolution.
• Work with ticketing application to manage tickets and maintain SLA and OLA
•Will require oncall and extended shifts to resolve issues.
Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Computer Information Systems, or related technical field, followed by five (3) years of work experience.
• Knowledge of production support processes, including incident/change/problem management.
• SOAP and REST Based Web service experience
• 2 years of experience with WebSphere, TCServer, Apache Web Servers, MVC framework, IIS, and IBM-IHSweb server.
• 1 year of experience with file transfer protocols, either: FTP, SFTP, or Connect Direct;
• Experience with UNIX and Windows OS.
• Advance Database Experience with SQL skills (DB2, MSSQL, MySQL)
• Application server/Web server.
• 2 years of experience in Production support working in a globally distributed team;
• Software Versioning Tool Experience.
• Experience with Splunk, Nagios, Munin or Cacti
• Experience with Card and transaction domains.
• Experience with ITIL and Service Management Tool like Service-Now or Remedy
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.