Business Development Leader
- Kyiv, Ukraine, 02000
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 65,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access
to financial services join the global economy. Visa’s sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how
Visa is everywhere you want to be.
The purpose of this role is to manage all aspects of the relationship between Visa and designated clients with a focus on business growth and client satisfaction. Manage the setting, direction and implementation of country & business strategies, objectives and plans within designated clients in order to achieve business targets through growing the existing business and through identifying new business opportunities including the introduction and implementation of new products and services.
Principle Responsibilities/Key Results Area
- Development of the business strategy for the region of responsibility
- Ensure the development of individual designated clients’ operational plans, with corresponding tactics and actions to achieve defined goals.
- Contribute to strategic planning with respective Functions on the level of key markets and key clients
- Ensure that the necessary Marketing plans are in place in good time and have sufficient justification for the required spend.
- Monitor the development of the banking and financial services industry across the region, analyze trends and understand factors impacting current and potential business results of Visa. Monitor, analyze and develop/respond to competition strategies.
- Responsible for country revenue
Business Development and Relationship Management
- Establish, develop and manage the relationship between Visa and designated clients’, industry representatives in-country such as Central Banks, Governments, Bankers Association and Media.
- Establish, develop and manage relationships in-country with Vendors, Processors and Domestic Switches
- Identify new business development opportunities and take accountability for and manage the project evaluation of these. Focus on achieving business targets through growing existing business and developing new business opportunities. Monitor business results of designated clients and anticipate challenges and take proactive measures to accomplish targets.
- Ensure effective communication of progress to targets both within Visa and with Clients’.
- Develop, maintain and cultivate close relationships with decision-makers and senior management of designated clients, partner companies, and national banking associations. Understand their business strategies, priorities, needs and business processes, present to them strategic ideas and share Visa’s views on industry developments and dynamics and advise them how Visa products can impact their results.
- Represent Visa to the clients by providing a point of contact to them, with permanent high quality support on the Visa organization, products, systems and policies.
- Client consulting relating to operations, IT, marketing and compliance
- Represent Visa by attending and speaking at conferences and business meetings and undertake media/public relations activities in the area, to shape perceptions of the corporation.
- Develop PR strategies in association with designated PR specialist(s) in order to achieve overall objectives for the country/region, creating the appropriate ‘atmosphere’ for growing Visa products and services.
- Ensure all CEMEA departments are fully informed of actions that may affect them, support their objectives and business plans and seek to resolve conflicts which might occur.
- Actively contribute to the development of the team through sharing of information, coaching and support.
- Establish, maintain and develop good relationships with CEMEA colleagues, and staff in other regions to ensure that global initiatives and best practice throughout Visa are effectively introduced across CEMEA.
- Complete ad hoc project/research work and other initiatives as directed by senior management.
Strategic Nature, Mgmt Accountability, & Scope
- Actively participate in development and ensure implementation of annual functional sales goals and plans.
- Responsible for activities of clients/areas without direct reports. May lead small functional team.
- Directly supports senior sales staff on their areas of responsibility.
Decision Making & Complexity
- Operate autonomously with complex accounts. Has impact on department revenues and organization reputation through management of client relationships.
- Decisions are guided by policies, procedures and business plan.
- Interpret business issues and recommend best practices.
- Work independently with guidance in only the most complex situations.
Financial & Organizational Scope
- Operational sales team member
- Manages assigned accounts or supports others.
- Generates new business and maintains existing client relationships in mid to large accounts.
- Leadership Skills
- Superior negotiation skills leading to timely and acceptable resolutions
- Client relationship and management skills
- Solid interpersonal skills and working with cross functional teams
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills - Development and preparation of executive level briefs
- Self-directed and motivated
- Able to work with little management oversight
- Strategic management and creative thinking
- Analytical in thought processes
Required Experience (education, skills - professional/technical/business)
Skills - Professional/Technical/Business
- 7+ years of continuous experience in a bank or processing centre;
- Implementation or support/improvement of bank card products in cooperation with different payment systems;
- Sales experience and proven negotiation skills, prior experience leading meetings and effectively delivering presentations to large industry audiences, including conferences,
- Knowledge and understanding of banking operations and/ or electronic payment schemes, including products & services, business systems and processes;
- Experience in liaising, and working with senior level international bankers, industry representatives in-country such as Central Banks, Governments, Bankers Association and Media.
- Ability to identify key strategic issues and to generate and deliver creative and innovative solutions to problems and opportunities
- Commercial orientation, interpersonally credible, influential in their dealings and sensitive to a multicultural environment.
- Ability to manage varied indirect reporting relationships at all levels of the Visa and member organization.
- Strong communication, interpersonal and collaboration skills are needed to influence direction and change attitudes and decisions of senior level international bankers
- Strong self-management skills including demonstrable drive and energy
- Multicultural sensitivity and interpersonal relationship management, including the ability to work effectively within CEMEA, between regions and with Worldwide Services staff
- Candidate must have the ability to travel frequently
- Fluent in Ukrainian, English, Russian
Preferred Experience (education, skills - professional/technical/business)
Preferred Education: MBA
Preferred Years Experience: Retail banking/acquirer/financial services sector or consumer card business
Preferred Skills - Professional/Technical/Business
1) Project management skills
2) Experience with strategic planning, creative thinking and solution development
3) Excellent time management skills and ability to achieve goals with minimal management oversight
4) Demonstrated organizational skills
5) Strong negotiation skills
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.