Business Analyst : Global Business Analytics Team
- San Francisco, CA, USA
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa’s sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
Visa Inc. Global Marketing & Communications is searching for an analyst to join our Global Business Analytics team. The selected candidate will support numerous aspects of digital analytics, marketing measurement, and insight generation.
Visa has a unique and strategic advantage as the global payments leader. Our goal is to be the most creative and impactful data-led marketer in the world. We are on a journey to develop our data, capabilities and agency ecosystem to bring more effective and efficient business results to Visa. As part of this journey we are transforming our systems, capabilities, organization and processes.
The Business Analytics team is responsible for campaign measurement across paid-owned-earned media, data management, and strategic analytics on behalf of Global Marketing. This remit includes leveraging the best available data and analysis to (i) develop recommendations on critical investments, (ii) inform strategic decisions; (iii) optimize media investment or creative, and (iv) assess the effectiveness of campaigns.
Reporting directly to the Director of Digital Analytics for Global Marketing, this role will:
• Analyze various data (from such platforms as DCM and Facebook) to understand how advertising performed against media benchmarks
• Monitor local market media performance to mine for global learnings and best practices
• Evaluate digital data to assess how media partners successfully delivered target audiences and/or amplified messages
• Evaluate data from earned media to measure trends, message pull-through, and sentiment
• Partner with internal and external partners to understand their data collection process
• Translate analysis into insights that clearly and succinctly address business needs
• You have 2 - 4 years of experience in an analytical role
• Familiarity with paid, earned, and owned media data is preferred
• An undergraduate degree in marketing, economics, business, finance, mathematics/statistics, or related field preferred
• You are comfortable with quantitative analysis / modeling
• You are proficient in PowerPoint and Excel
• Excellent communicator, particularly in translating data-driven insights into business implications
• You have a passion for both the analytical rigor and creativity inherent in the discipline of marketing
• You are detail-oriented and possess strong organizational skills
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.