Software Engineer INTERN (Master's or PhD Degree) - Multiple Locations
- Foster City, CA, USA
Note: By applying to this position your application is automatically considered for the following locations: Foster City, CA; San Francisco, CA; Palo Alto, CA; Seattle, WA; Ashburn, VA; Bellevue, WA; Austin, TX; Highlands Ranch, CO
As the world’s leader in digital payments technology, Visa’s mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
The Visa Internship Program is the biggest step you can take to joining our Revolution of Payments Innovation. Throughout the 12 weeks at Visa, you will take on meaningful work, get executive exposure, engage in out-of-the-box problem solving, and participate in social and community service activities. From technology to business, we are looking for people who can innovate, collaborate and drive Visa into the next era of an already rapidly-evolving digital market place. If you’re up for the challenge, please consider joining our team.
You’re an Individual. We’re the team for you. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays.
As a Software Engineer Intern, you could work in the following roles:
- Front End Development
- Backend End Development
- Full Stack Development
- API Developer
- Mobile Development
- Data Analyst
Specific assignments will depend on upon your skills sets, interest, location and team needs.
Software Engineer Interns will be placed in one of the Technology Organization teams. Here is a list and brief descriptions:
- Visa Developer Platform: Provides standards, subject matter expertise and technology to package Visa’s core and value-added products into consumable services and capabilities and deliver them reliably and securely to a global community of engaged client, merchant and partner developers.
- Data Platform: We timely deliver secure, high-quality and easy-to-use Visa core data assets as a service, together with reliable and scalable data platform as a service, that enable Visa internal partners to rapidly and efficiently innovate data-driven business products and services to lead the digital payment industry.
- Data Product Development: Visa's position as one of the leading global networks enables us to collect and analyze a rich trove of data. And this team is the folks behind the data curtain – enabling us to tell our data story through business intelligence and insights, and data-driven product innovation.
- Network Processing: This is the team behind VisaNet, the payments network that connects consumers and merchants with financial institutions. The team strives to maintain quality through high-availability and high volume to enable industry collaboration and innovation today and tomorrow.
- Issuer Processing: Debit Processing Services (DPS), our Issuer Processing platform for North America, processes over half of all Visa Debit transactions and is the largest single prepaid processing platform for Visa prepaid transactions in the U.S. The team also partners with third-party companies outside of the U.S. to deliver value-added services through Visa-owned assets.
- Merchant & Acquirer Processing: The team’s strategy is to build deeper merchant and acquirer relationships and increase total merchant value by developing solutions that address complex and emerging merchant and acquirer needs.
- Digital & Mobile Products: promoting the growth of digital commerce and mobilization of payments by digitalizing the physical card, providing multi-channel capabilities, building Provisioning-as-a-Service, re-energizing our Mobile Money platform, expanding reach with the Visa brand to connected devices
- Cybersecurity: Cybersecurity provides enterprise-wide, risk-based security and continuity programs to meet changing internal and external threat landscapes. They seek to be the best-in-class at the physical, cyber security, network, application, and data security layers.
- Corporate IT: We enable unconstrained, efficient growth in the business. We silently protect our customers from malicious activity. We are obsessed with customer experience. We are builders. We set the bar for operational excellence.
- Operations + Infrastructure: O and I, as it's nicknamed, provides best-in-class infrastructure services that are secure, scalable, continuously available, and run on software-defined infrastructures. And all of this is done with sustainability in mind -- providing infrastructure that is located in energy efficient data centers that use renewal energy to reduce our carbon footprint.
- Pursuing a Master's or PhD degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Systems, or a related field
- Students graduating in December 2019 or later
- Competitive GPA
- The ability to tackle challenges and address problems head-on
- Strong ability to collaborate
- Highly driven, inventive and results oriented
- Strong verbal and written interpersonal skills
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.