Head of Talent Acquisition - CEMEA
- Dubai - United Arab Emirates
Headquartered in California and listed on the NYSE (NYSE:V), Visa is a global payments technology company that connects consumers, businesses, financial institutions and governments in more than 200 countries and territories to fast, secure and reliable electronic payments. The company employs over 17,000 people worldwide across 38 countries and provides digital payments products, services and processing to over 16,000 financial institution clients. Visa partners with 44 million merchant outlets and provides 3.3 billion Visa accounts throughout the world. Visa is one of the world’s largest retail electronic payment networks, with over $11TRN transacted on the payment products in FY18, driven by 182BN transactions - an average of 500M transactions every single day during fiscal 2018. The company operates one of the world’s most advanced processing networks, VisaNet, offering fraud protection for consumers and assured payment for merchants, capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. With a market capitalisation of circa $330BN, Visa is one of the world’s most valuable brands (Forbes 2017) and one of the world’s most innovative companies (Forbes 2018).
The Head of Talent Acquisition (TA) is responsible for all recruitment across Visa’s Central Eastern, Middle East & Africa (CEMEA) business. This includes Visa’s business and Technology functions.
The right candidate will be a highly seasoned recruiting/HR professional capable of driving both strategy and execution of the TA function, aligning with the wide multitude of global and regional stakeholders to drive transformation (e.g. capability growth, structure, channel strategy) that will deliver a best in class TA function.
The successful candidate will be highly consultative with a proven track record of building and executing TA outcomes which are aligned to HR and business strategy. They will be capable of charting an approach that delivers value across Visa’s people priorities including Inclusion & Diversity, Internal Mobility and capability growth and development.
The individual will own, drive and deliver as well as collaborate on regional or global projects and initiatives that impact CEMEA and Global Talent Acquisition and HR quality and delivery. They will be adept at leveraging the talents of their team, ensuring win-win outcomes that ensure great outcomes for Visa and the team’s growth and development
If you are the successful candidate, you will have the opportunity to...
- Enable delivery of high quality talent, aligned to Visa’s people priorities of Internal Mobility, Inclusion & Diversity by creating a delightful candidate experience
- Lead, coach, grow and develop the TA team, ensuring they are set up for success and enabled to deliver optimal outcomes for their respective business
- Enable culture of partnership, support, transparency and the breakdown of any silos, enabling shared learning, best practice and problem sharing across entire TA team
- Drive agenda of hiring manager enablement, ensuring managers are best equipped to deliver strong hiring outcomes through a clear understanding of each parties accountabilities, including being an ambassador for Visa, delivering robust assessment, and exercising sound judgment
- Lead and owns execution and delivery of Visa’s employment brand as per market and business unit needs ensuring Visa’s message is clearly, accurately and powerfully leveraged as an employer of choice
- Develop plans to attract required skill sets that will ensure top talent is available to support Visa's objectives within each respective business
- Partner with HRBPs to ensure alignment (knowledge, assessment, consideration on roles as required) on internal talent, operating as a strong advocate of internal talent.
- Partner with Global Talent and TA teams in continuous evolvement of Visa’s assessment and evaluation process
- Partner with global compensation and benefits teams, ensuring the offer process for managed effectively with appropriate compliance
- Play a global leadership role in leading and partaking in global Talent Acquisition initiatives and projects to drive and deliver best in class TA outcomes
- Ensure compliance with audit, regulatory and legal requirements across the TA function
- Administer and resolve employee matters, effectively mitigating risk to the company
Are you a Hiring Expert with a track record of building high-performing teams? We are looking for an individual with the following...
- 15+ years recruiting experience, including experience leading CEMEA regional recruitment teams for similar multi-national corporate environments. Combination of corporate and retained executive search or boutique search firm experience is attractive
- Relevant or related industry experience highly desired; FINTECH, Digital, Technology and/or Financial Services
- Advanced ability to develop recruiting strategies for the sourcing, evaluation and selection of corporate talent
- Good understanding of strategic HR, including talent management, talent assessment and organizational development is highly desired
- Must have excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Excellent negotiation, presentation and organizational skills
- Prior experience providing consulting services to a division or divisions relative to workforce planning topics such as salary equity, internal movement, and staffing level planning
- BA/BS or equivalent
Are you transformational and strategic in your approach? You will have the following characteristics...
- Transformational mindset with an ability to outline, plan and ultimately execute an end-state vision for world-class Talent Acquisition.
- Intellectually curious with an external view of best practice and emerging Talent Acquisition trends. Able to benchmark and understand Visa’s relative strengths and gaps against leading talent competitors.
- Relationship Building/Influencing: Demonstrate effective and appropriate influencing skills with senior management/partners, combining high-level human capital knowledge with deep organizational understanding. Build strong relationships with solid trust and mutual respect as the foundation. Leverage strong judgement skills to make decisions. Instinctively know when and how to introduce change, in such a way that it is broadly accepted and institutionalized.
- Values and Leadership: Demonstrates alignment to Visa's Values (Integrity, Clients, People, Collaboration, innovation and Excellence) and has the capability to lead and motivate a team. Demonstrates commitment to growing and developing internal talent.
- Result Oriented: Resourceful, with strong service orientation and positive can-do attitude. Fully committed to the job and to deliver outstanding work. Never satisfied with status-quo, continually striving for excellence. Enjoys working hands-on.
- Change Agent: Comfortable designing for the future, while managing day-to-day TA matters. Able to anticipate risks and propose practical plans to mitigate them. Appreciates TA's impact and how TA is an integral part of the company's business strategy.
- Low Ego: Puts needs of the business ahead of him/herself. Operates in a transparent fashion without a personal agenda. Possesses a well-developed sense of humor and listens first
- Influencing Skills: Able to challenge the status-quo sensitively and constructively. Intellectually agile, self-confident and highly articulate at all levels in the organization.
Execution and Operational Effectiveness: Outcome orientated and able to act decisively and deliver