Lead Software Engineer - Java/Big Data
- Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa’s sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
Visa provides a challenging environment of volume, velocity and variety that is rarely matched. Candidates looking forward to thrive in such environment are encouraged to apply.
This role will participate in design discussions, create solutions, develop programs and ensure successful delivery of business capabilities. This role will assume technical ownership of multiple applications and create robust and scalable solutions.
- Take complete end-to-end ownership of one or more applications
- Translate business requirements and source system understanding into technical solutions
- Work with business partners directly to seek clarity on requirements and propose solutions
- Define solutions in terms of components, modules and algorithms
- Development and Implementation of the proposed solution
- Identify or develop software frameworks to be used
- Refactor existing solutions to make it reusable and scalable
- Come up with Coding and Design best practices
- Lead and mentor a small team, deliver tech talks to wider audience
- Thrive in self-motivated internal-innovation driven environment
- Adapt to new application knowledge and changes
- BS or equivalent in Computer Science or related field from one of the top institutes
- 12+ years of experience in data technologies and applications development
- Experience handling very large data volume in low latency and batch mode
- Strong knowledge of database concepts and UNIX
- Excellent understanding of application and data
- Hands-on with Hadoop Stack having current hands-on experience - Hive/Impala, MapReduce, Spark, CI/CD
- Strong algorithms and data structure
- Experience in Object Oriented Programming Language - Java/ Python
- Result oriented with strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Experience leading broad initiatives and teams
- Works independently with minimal supervision
- Excellent team player
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.