Lead Software Engineer - Java/Big Data, Data Platform
- Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
Visa provides a challenging environment of volume, velocity and variety that is rarely matched. Candidates looking forward to thrive in such environment are encouraged to apply.
This role will participate in design discussions, create solutions, develop programs and ensure successful delivery of business capabilities. This role will assume technical ownership of multiple applications and create robust and scalable solutions.
- Take complete end-to-end ownership of one or more applications
- Translate business requirements and source system understanding into technical solutions
- Work with business partners directly to seek clarity on requirements and propose solutions
- Define solutions in terms of components, modules and algorithms
- Development and Implementation of the proposed solution
- Identify or develop software frameworks to be used
- Refactor existing solutions to make it reusable and scalable
- Come up with Coding and Design best practices
- Lead and mentor a small team, deliver tech talks to wider audience
- Thrive in self-motivated internal-innovation driven environment
- Adapt to new application knowledge and changes
- BS or equivalent in Computer Science or related field from one of the top institutes
- 12+ years of experience in data technologies and applications development
- Experience handling very large data volume in low latency and batch mode
- Strong knowledge of database concepts and UNIX
- Excellent understanding of application and data
- Hands-on with Hadoop Stack having current hands-on experience - Hive/Impala, MapReduce, Spark, CI/CD
- Strong algorithms and data structure
- Experience in Object Oriented Programming Language - Java/ Python
- Result oriented with strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Experience leading broad initiatives and teams
- Works independently with minimal supervision
- Excellent team player
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.