Staff Software Engineer - Java/Big Data
- Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa’s sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
Visa is seeking highly energetic, passionate, technology enthusiast for Data Platform team. The candidate will work as part of the Data as a Service team to design and develop solutions for all data requirements. The ideal candidate will bring robust technical strength in developing solutions in extremely high volume, low latency and batch workflow design and also an excellent understanding of data. The engineer will participate in design discussions, create solutions, develop programs and ensure successful delivery of business capabilities. This role will assume technical ownership of multiple applications and create robust and scalable solutions.
Visa provides a challenging environment of volume, velocity and variety that is rarely matched. Candidates looking forward to thrive in such environment are encouraged to apply.
- Translate business requirements and source system understanding into technical solutions using BigData/ETL/Java etc.
- Work with business partners directly to seek clarity on requirements
- Define solutions in terms of components, modules and algorithms
- Development and Implementation of the proposed solution
- Write Unit Tests covering known use cases using appropriate tools
- Integrate test frameworks in development process
- Refactor existing solutions to make it reusable and scalable
- Work with operations to get the solutions deployed
- Create technical documentation for all new or modified processes
- Take ownership of production deployment of code
- Work with operations team for any production issues
- Lead a small team
- Collaborate with different teams on projects spanning across multiple teams
- Come up with Coding and Design best practices
- Thrive in self-motivated internal-innovation driven environment
- Adapting fast to new application knowledge and changes
BS or equivalent in Computer Science or related field from one of the top institutes
- 9+ years of experience in data technologies and applications development
- Hands-on with Hadoop Stack for 4 years with current hands-on experience - Hive/Impala and PIG, MapReduce, Spark, CI/CD, Test framework
- Strong knowledge of database concepts and UNIX
- Expertise in Object Oriented Programming Language - Java/ Python
- Strong algorithms and data structures
- Result oriented with strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Work independently with minimal supervision
- Experience leading a small team good to have
- Excellent team player
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.