Staff Software Engineer - Java/Big Data, Data Platform
- Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
Visa is seeking highly energetic, passionate, technology enthusiast for Data Platform team. The candidate will work as part of the Data as a Service team to design and develop solutions for all data requirements. The ideal candidate will bring robust technical strength in developing solutions in extremely high volume, low latency and batch workflow design and also an excellent understanding of data. The engineer will participate in design discussions, create solutions, develop programs and ensure successful delivery of business capabilities. This role will assume technical ownership of multiple applications and create robust and scalable solutions.
Visa provides a challenging environment of volume, velocity and variety that is rarely matched. Candidates looking forward to thrive in such environment are encouraged to apply.
- Translate business requirements and source system understanding into technical solutions using BigData/ETL/Java etc.
- Work with business partners directly to seek clarity on requirements
- Define solutions in terms of components, modules and algorithms
- Development and Implementation of the proposed solution
- Write Unit Tests covering known use cases using appropriate tools
- Integrate test frameworks in development process
- Refactor existing solutions to make it reusable and scalable
- Work with operations to get the solutions deployed
- Create technical documentation for all new or modified processes
- Take ownership of production deployment of code
- Work with operations team for any production issues
- Lead a small team
- Collaborate with different teams on projects spanning across multiple teams
- Come up with Coding and Design best practices
- Thrive in self-motivated internal-innovation driven environment
- Adapting fast to new application knowledge and changes
BS or equivalent in Computer Science or related field from one of the top institutes
- 9+ years of experience in data technologies and applications development
- Hands-on with Hadoop Stack for 4 years with current hands-on experience - Hive/Impala and PIG, MapReduce, Spark, CI/CD, Test framework
- Strong knowledge of database concepts and UNIX
- Expertise in Object Oriented Programming Language - Java/ Python
- Strong algorithms and data structures
- Result oriented with strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Work independently with minimal supervision
- Experience leading a small team good to have
- Excellent team player
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.