Graduate - Software Engineer (Cybersecurity)
- London, United Kingdom
As the world’s leader in digital payments technology, Visa’s mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. For a new Graduate at Visa, the development resources to blaze your own trail are at your fingertips. We’ll give you the runway to advance and opportunity to impact the world. Through offerings like Visa University and Educational Assistance, we promote a culture of continuous learning, preparing you to take on the next challenge. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers. We’re proud that we are a talented team of 15,000 individuals with unique backgrounds, perspectives and experiences. Therefore, we understand that you are much more than your day job. We encourage quality of life inside and outside of the office. Whether it’s agile work schedules, wellness programs, networking events, or community service projects, Visa respects and encourages meaningful work/life integration for everyone.
You’re an Individual. We’re the team for you. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays.
Cybersecurity is at the beating heart of our business. Our diligence and expertise is what makes us the undisputed leader in electronic payments. We’ve made it our priority to create top-tier identity and access management teams, poised to defend us against any potential cyber threats. We’re looking for those of you who are inherently driven and fascinated by the art and science of cybersecurity.
We’ll equip you with the very best tools and tech so that you can deliver top notch results. Continuous self-development underpins job fulfilment at Visa. As Software Engineer, you’ll be enthused by getting stuck into various defence and security sector related projects, as well as the chance to work with top notch professionals to learn with and from.
Here are some cool things our Cybersecurity Graduates work on:
- Threat modeling and analyzing solutions to identify security gaps and capabilities
- Instrumenting tools to measure, compile and discover security-relevant data
- Implementing Proof of Concepts that realize security architectures and solutions
- Creating requirements and design documents
- Assisting subject matter experts in researching and developing security assessments of existing solutions as well as defining security architectures for new solutions
- Presenting results in front of a wide audience including senior leaders in Visa
Visa are a talented team of 15,000 individuals with unique backgrounds, perspectives and experiences. We’re looking for the next generation of Techies - dreamers, disruptors, creatives and trailblazers - who are fascinated by new technology and want to be empowered to change the way business is done.
Therefore, our requirements are few:
- Current university student graduating in 2019, ready to start full-time work this Summer
- Pursuing a Bachelor's or Master’s degree in Computer Science or a STEM/technical field
- You have in-depth experience as hands-on programmer/developer with specialization in Java and J2EE.
- You’ve keen desire to work in Cybersecurity areas such as Identity and Access Management
- You’ve got strong inter-personnel, analytical & communication skills
- Database: SQL (Strong SQL Skills)
- Experience with Unix Systems (Solaris, AIX, Linux)
- Experience with web technologies: XML, SPML, SOAP, REST, HTML, Web and Application Servers.
Universal acceptance for everyone, everywhere, is not only our brand promise, it’s the foundation of our company culture. We foster a feeling of connectedness in the workplace, support diversity of thought, culture and background, fight for important initiatives like Equal Pay and actively work to eliminate unconscious biases that hold us all back.