Director of Content and Storytelling
- Austin, TX, USA
Visa Inc. is a global payments technology company that connects consumers, businesses, financial institutions and governments in more than 200 countries and territories, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks.
Visa does not issue cards, extend credit or set rates and fees for consumers. Visa’s innovations enable its bank customers to offer consumers choices: Pay now with debit, ahead of time with prepaid or later with credit products. From the world’s major cities to remote areas without banks, people are increasingly relying on digital currency along with mobile technology to use their money anytime, make purchases online, transfer funds and access basic financial services. All of which makes their lives easier and helps grow economies.
Behind the Visa brand are our talented employees who continuously raise the bar with innovative solutions and products that deliver the convenience and security of digital currency to more people all over the world.
Visa Core Design a growing team of passionate designers, storytellers, developers, and creative thinkers. We’re changing the way people pay online and offline and we’re excited about the ways in which we’re shaping the future of payments.
As the Head of Content & Storytelling, you’ll be essential in driving and leading innovative solutions. You’ll work cross-functionally with marketing, sales, brand, product teams, developers, and work with design partners on the strategic development of these rich and intuitive user experiences.
Ideally, you’re a big thinker with the ability to execute. A strategic, independent, self-motivated storyteller who is capable of adapting quickly to a fast-paced environment.
- Manage and mentor other content strategists/writers to maintain and evolve brand voice across different platforms
- Manage multimedia content development and production
- Manage the day-to-day relationships with key stakeholders for projects
- Manage overall content work streams
- Drive content initiatives within the Visa's Core and Innovation Design teams
- Influence strategic decisions to improve the overall user experience
- Present clear ideas and concepts to stakeholders and advocate for design and content strategy
- Work with cross-functional partners to develop content strategies that address the needs of our users and meet our business goals
- Bring the brand to life through multimedia storytelling efforts
- Support new storytelling initiatives for other business partners
- Define content strategy for new products and write clear and concise content across multiple touchpoints
- Develop content frameworks, design product narratives, and other deliverables as necessary to communicate recommendations
- Manage copy through all stages of approval
- Maintain and evolve style guidelines
- Ensure messaging is consistent and on-brand across all channels and products
• 8 years working in interactive design environments (UX, marketing, curriculum, etc) as a content strategist, copywriter, creative director, or related position.
• Creative thinker with strong execution and organizational skills
• Understanding of new media content channels and experience with multimedia storytelling
• Knowledge of, and a practitioner and advocate of user-centered design methodology
• Knowledge of the digital space and how it’s driving business and cultural changes
• Ability to adapt quickly, be flexible and able to handle ambiguity
• Excellent writing and communication skills, with a strong command of the English language
• Excellent project management skills
• Collaborative and team-oriented
• An eye for detail, great grammar, and proofreading skills
• A great attitude and sense of humor is a plus!
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.