Acquiring Business Development Executive - Level 5
- London, UK
Fascinated by the future and captivated by technology?
Smart, driven and want to make a difference in the world?
You'll fit right in.
Join a diverse team at Visa, where your individuality fits right in. We can provide the opportunity to shape the payments experience globally. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
Think you know us?
Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, reliable and secure digital payment network that enables individuals, businesses and economies to thrive.
Individuality fuels our brand and our global team we're proud that we are a talented team of 15,000 individuals with unique backgrounds, perspectives and experiences. Therefore, we understand that you are much more than your day job. We encourage quality of life outside of the office, whether it's taking advantage of agile work schedules or our wellness programs, Visa respects and encourages meaningful work/life balance for everyone. In addition, we offer market leading salary and have a fantastic benefits offering.
So, if you're not satisfied with the status quo, we can satisfy your desire to explore new territory, giving you the runway to really make an impact, whilst connecting you with teams around the world in a truly inclusive culture that celebrates our uniqueness.
If you think you could support Visa as an Acquiring Business Development Executive, we want to hear from you – together, let’s make Visa a great place to work.
What’s it all about?
The Acquiring Business Development Executive will bring vision and creativity in forming partnerships with acquirers to drive new business models across the UK and Europe.
This executive will deliver on high profile, cross functional strategies and plans, and, partnering with Account Executives, product teams and other key internal partners, develop robust business cases for growth opportunities in order to bring sustainable incremental volume and revenue growth. Some of the key business development areas will include deals for incremental volume on the network, opportunities to drive acceptance/usage growth through acquirers in target verticals, opportunities to develop a cross-functional innovation agenda and drive greater stickiness with Visa through innovative multi-faceted partnership constructs.
The identification of business development initiatives will be undertaken periodically against key criteria and reviewed to ensure that the most strategic and high value opportunities for Visa in acquiring, are addressed. The learnings from these initiatives will be collated and the playbooks shared across markets to create a deeper understanding of acquiring and aid local management of acquirers.
What we expect of you, day to day.
- Together with clusters and functions, consultatively identify and prioritize acquirer needs and craft customized solutions that drive specific commercial metrics for Visa and clients
- Drive impactful and measurable business opportunities with Acquirers
- Identify, prioritize and lead business opportunities with Acquiring partners
- Develop and negotiate robust and new commercial constructs to materialize new business opportunities
- Leverage & participate in building strong acquirer relationships to understand client needs and growth ambitions
- Lead the relationship with select group of high growth accounts
- Play a core role in developing the Acquiring Function to become a European hub of ‘innovation’ and ‘new ways of working’ for and with acquirers
What we’re after…
- Excellent interpersonal skills to work collaboratively across functions and geographies in a complex matrix environment
- Experienced, results oriented leader with a proven track record in developing client relationships and sales partnerships
- Strong understanding of global payment ecosystem
- Entrepreneurial mindset
- Strong strategic and thought leadership skills, experience in leading consulting engagements is a plus
- MBA is a plus
- Strong problem solving and analytics skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to establish effective relationships and communicate with all levels of the organization
Think you have what it takes?
If you are interested in a career that will challenge and inspire you – we’d love to hear from you!
Diversity & Inclusion
Universal acceptance for everyone, everywhere, is not only our brand promise, it’s the foundation of our company culture. We foster a feeling of connectedness in the workplace, support diversity of thought, culture and background, fight for important initiatives like Equal Pay and actively work to eliminate unconscious biases that hold us all back.
By leveraging the diverse backgrounds and perspectives of our worldwide teams, Visa is a better place to work and a better business partner to our clients.