- San Francisco, CA, USA
Visa Inc. is a global payments technology company that connects consumers, businesses, financial institutions and governments in more than 200 countries and territories, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks.
Visa does not issue cards, extend credit or set rates and fees for consumers. Visa's innovations enable its bank customers to offer consumers choices: Pay now with debit, ahead of time with prepaid or later with credit products. From the world's major cities to remote areas without banks, people are increasingly relying on digital currency along with mobile technology to use their money anytime, make purchases online, transfer funds and access basic financial services. All of which makes their lives easier and helps grow economies.
Behind the Visa brand are our talented employees who continuously raise the bar with innovative solutions and products that deliver the convenience and security of digital currency to more people all over the world.
Visa is looking for a Principal Designer to join our Innovation team. Join a small, dynamic group that conceives and designs new concepts/new products, and plays a pivotal role in collaborations with Visa partners, working with emerging technologies such as Internet of Things and cardless payments.
You'll apply user-centered design principles and work closely with stakeholders to conceive and design beautiful, useable and engaging product interfaces. You'll be involved in the early stages of research and ideation and will collaborate with multi-disciplinary teams through the iteration and development process. You have a confident design voice and will at times lead creative working sessions to develop stories or ideate solutions.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
Our ideal candidate will work closely and collaborate with the UX team, Product, Development, QA and Developers to create and build the ideal experience our card holders need. This position requires you to be self-motivated. We’re a team that jumps in with both feet and does what needs to be done.
The candidate must be a strategic, independent, self-motivated creative leader, capable of adapting quickly to a fast-paced environment. This role requires a designer who can solve complex visual and interaction design challenges. The candidate must also have an extremely developed sense of design and impeccable attention to detail.
Principle Responsibilities/Key Results Areas:
- Collaborate with product owners to develop and realize a vision for next generation of mobile products.
- Facilitate brainstorming workshops based on Human Centered Design process with Product, Development and other designers to come up with new ideas for the product.
- Based on user and usage data collaborate with product owners to prioritize requirements for releases.
- Take ideas and concepts, and translate them into world class designs for IOS and Android mobile products that effectively meet the needs of internal leaders, partners and most of all the customers
- Take ownership and lead design development throughout the entire lifecycle, from initial explorations through final design deliverables. This includes continuous QA during development to ensure the product is aligned with the design specifications.
- Push creativity, challenge established thinking, and discover new ways of solving a problem
- Manage resource allocation to develop visual design prototypes ranging from comps to interactive mock-ups
- Work closely with prototypers and researchers to plan and execute various user testing activities.
- Communicate and present design strategy/rationale effectively to key stakeholders
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams (UX, fellow visual designers, researchers, product managers) to create compelling visual designs of interactive experiences
- Work closely with engineering and product management to deliver the final product
- Deep understanding of platform and device requirements such as form factors, screen resolutions, pixel density and aspect ratios
- Spark fresh ideas that are infused in our culture and our products
- Mentor junior staff and provide guidance to thier work.
- 10+ years in mobile design
- An outstanding portfolio demonstrating the successful delivery of multiple innovative Mobile interface design solutions for IOS and Android. Preferably in payment space.
- A strong working knowledge of interaction design, user-centered experience design, brand identity management, digital marketing and the creative process
- Demonstrated expert level knowledge in mobile platforms (iOS and Android).
- Must have launched multiple mobiles apps.
- Excellent visual design skills; attention to detail and a demonstrated mastery of typography, color and layout
- Experience and understanding of product management and the agile process
- Expert-level proficiency with design tools in the Adobe Creative Suite, Sketch and InVision.
- Be able to stand by your designs and provide solid rationale to back up your decision.
- In-depth familiarity with the latest trends in Mobile app user experience.
- Ability to use prototyping tools to convey design intent.
- Demonstrate knowledge in designing for a global mobile product across multiple platforms.
- Operational understanding of Accessibility and ability to incorporate accessibility into the Mobile designs.
- Relevant BA/BS required. MS/MFA preferred.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.