CAS Operator - Level 2
- Basingstoke, UK
Fascinated by the future and captivated by technology?
Smart, driven and want to make a difference in the world?
You’ll fit right in.
Join a diverse team at Visa, where your individuality fits right in. We can provide the opportunity to shape the payments experience globally. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays.
Think you know us?
Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, reliable and secure digital payment network that enables individuals, businesses and economies to thrive.
Individuality fuels our brand and our global team – we’re proud that we are a talented team of 15,000 individuals with unique backgrounds, perspectives and experiences. Therefore, we understand that you are much more than your day job. We encourage quality of life outside of the office, whether it’s taking advantage of agile work schedules or our wellness programs, Visa respects and encourages meaningful work/life balance for everyone. In addition, we offer market leading salary and have a fantastic benefits offering.
So, if you’re not satisfied with the status quo, we can satisfy your desire to explore new territory, giving you the runway to really make an impact, whilst connecting you with teams around the world in a truly inclusive culture that celebrates our uniqueness.
If you think you could support Visa as a CAS Operator, we want to hear from you – together, let’s make Visa a great place to work.
What’s it all about?
Required to help support the Clearing and Settlement BASE II Mainframe system in a multi-data centre and multi-processing environment. You will be responsible helping first and second level support staff in problem determination and recovery of the MVS/BASEII Applications, Operating System, services as well as client related issues.
We are looking for somebody who suits a shift working environment. Has a good level of common sense and is able to pick things up quickly to align themselves with the role. You must be a team player with willingness to take part and get involved.
What we expect of you, day to day.
- You will need to run the Day-to-Day CAS Operations on BASE II, Batch and MVS
- You will need escalate all issues to your peers and/or on duty specialist/TL
- Work closely with service partners such as VIP Operations and Client Support teams to ensure all CAS related services are operational and with no impact
- Work closely with CSS/CCM, VOCC VCSCOV and Platform Support and associated regions when dealing with Client related issues
- Help support CAS implementations, supporting Engineer and TL/specialist
- Ensure that all Incident, Changes, and Problem Tickets received in the shift are all accounted, updated and turned over if not completed within the shift
- You will need to be eager to learn bespoke tools
- You thrive on being a team player
The role should exhibit the appropriate level of Visa Leadership Principles:
- Lead by Example
- Communicate Openly
- Enable and Inspire
- Excel with Partners
- Act Decisively
What we’re after…
- Knowledge of any of these tools - MVS OS/390, C:D, FTP, SFTP, SDSF, Solve (Netmaster), CA-ESP (scheduling package), TSO & TPX, JCL, Sysview, Tandem, C1 Endeavor, Data Express, Prognosis, Netcool Alerting Tool, REXX/CLIST, application support, and Remedy reporting tool
- Any programming experience in any language
- Ability to monitor and escalate issues in a timely manner
- Good communication skills (written and oral)
- You must be comfortable with working a 12 hour 24x365 shift pattern
- Knowledge of Microsoft office products
- Any experience in scheduling tools (ESP or Control-M preferable)
- Experience in working in a multi team environment
- Any understanding in Incident, Problem and Change management
- Be able to respond / action escalation utilising our knowledge base in Incident tickets, websites, and documented process/procedures.
- Ensure all issues are tracked, resolved to maintain and make improvements to ensure no SLA’s are missed or extended outages occurs
- A degree level qualification in Information Technology or Information Systems or related discipline. Industry experience or a diploma level qualification in IT.
Think you have what it takes?
If you are interested in a career that will challenge and inspire you – we’d love to hear from you!
Diversity & Inclusion
Universal acceptance for everyone, everywhere, is not only our brand promise, it’s the foundation of our company culture. We foster a feeling of connectedness in the workplace, support diversity of thought, culture and background, fight for important initiatives like Equal Pay and actively work to eliminate unconscious biases that hold us all back.
By leveraging the diverse backgrounds and perspectives of our worldwide teams, Visa is a better place to work and a better business partner to our clients.