Ops Support Specialist - Level 4
- Basingstoke, UK
Fascinated by the future and captivated by technology?
Smart, driven and want to make a difference in the world?
You’ll fit right in.
Join a diverse team at Visa, where your individuality fits right in. We can provide the opportunity to shape the payments experience globally. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays.
Think you know us?
Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, reliable and secure digital payment network that enables individuals, businesses and economies to thrive.
Individuality fuels our brand and our global team – we’re proud that we are a talented team of 15,000 individuals with unique backgrounds, perspectives and experiences. Therefore, we understand that you are much more than your day job. We encourage quality of life outside of the office, whether it’s taking advantage of agile work schedules or our wellness programs, Visa respects and encourages meaningful work/life balance for everyone. In addition, we offer market leading salary and have a fantastic benefits offering.
So, if you’re not satisfied with the status quo, we can satisfy your desire to explore new territory, giving you the runway to really make an impact, whilst connecting you with teams around the world in a truly inclusive culture that celebrates our uniqueness.
If you think you could support Visa as an Ops Support Specialist, we want to hear from you – together, let’s make Visa a great place to work.
What’s it all about?
Responsible for the support of the Visa TPF/VIP Authorization system in a multi-data centre and multi-processing environment. They are responsible for second level problem determination and recovery of the VIP Applications, Operating System, services and client related issues.
You will also facilitate problem situations with the appropriate management, support groups and service partners as required and is responsible for tracking progress and final resolution implementation.
This position is part of a shift structured team, and will require 12-hour shift work and may include night shifts.
What we expect of you, day to day.
- Works closely with service partners such as VIP Operations, VOCC, CAS and Client Support teams to ensure all VIP related services are operational and with no impact
- Works closely with CSS/CCM, VOCC, VIP Application Support and associated regions when dealing with Client related issues
- Ongoing/Proactive analysis of TPF/VIP Systems and applications to detect potential problems. When necessary makes preventive corrections and works with Engineering/Development groups to implement long-term corrective measures
- Coordinates all TPF/VIP implementations, and lead/document daily Operations status calls.
- Role model Visa's leadership principles
The role should exhibit the appropriate level of Visa Leadership Principles:
- Lead by Example
- Communicate Openly
- Enable and Inspire
- Excel with Partners
- Act Decisively
What we’re after…
- Mid-level experience with supporting TPF Operating Systems
- Ability for basic analysis of z/TPF dumps
- Knowledge of TPF database utilities (Recoup, PDU, Data collection etc)
- Exposure to TPF Middleware products a plus
- Experience in working with VM/MVS systems, and IBM TPF Toolkit
- Experience with C++, ASP.NET, XML and SOAP architectures is a plus
- Candidate should be comfortable in dealing with peer groups, including Account Management, Client Configuration, and other technical teams from surrounding environments (Open Systems, Project Management, Network Engineering and TPF Development)
Think you have what it takes?
If you are interested in a career that will challenge and inspire you – we’d love to hear from you!
Diversity & Inclusion
Universal acceptance for everyone, everywhere, is not only our brand promise, it’s the foundation of our company culture. We foster a feeling of connectedness in the workplace, support diversity of thought, culture and background, fight for important initiatives like Equal Pay and actively work to eliminate unconscious biases that hold us all back.
By leveraging the diverse backgrounds and perspectives of our worldwide teams, Visa is a better place to work and a better business partner to our clients.