First Level Ops Technician - Level 2
- Basingstoke, UK
Fascinated by the future and captivated by technology?
Smart, driven and want to make a difference in the world?
You’ll fit right in.
Join a diverse team at Visa, where your individuality fits right in. We can provide the opportunity to shape the payments experience globally. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays.
Think you know us?
Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, reliable and secure digital payment network that enables individuals, businesses and economies to thrive.
Individuality fuels our brand and our global team – we’re proud that we are a talented team of 15,000 individuals with unique backgrounds, perspectives and experiences. Therefore, we understand that you are much more than your day job. We encourage quality of life outside of the office, whether it’s taking advantage of agile work schedules or our wellness programs, Visa respects and encourages meaningful work/life balance for everyone. In addition, we offer market leading salary and have a fantastic benefits offering.
So, if you’re not satisfied with the status quo, we can satisfy your desire to explore new territory, giving you the runway to really make an impact, whilst connecting you with teams around the world in a truly inclusive culture that celebrates our uniqueness.
If you think you could support Visa as a First Level Ops Technician, we want to hear from you – together, let’s make Visa a great place to work.
What’s it all about?
Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do. Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa’s sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fuelled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
What we expect of you, day to day.
A Visa Operations Command Center (VOCC) analyst for the Open Systems team, should be able to support an ITIL based infrastructure to include incident resolution and escalation of issues for which there is no immediate workaround. The analyst is expected to drive incident resolution upwards of 80% of all issues without the need for any escalation. Ideal candidate must possess demonstrable leadership qualities combined with technical expertise, and client advocacy to be able to drive and direct a best in class ITIL focused service to Visa Inc. customers. The analyst will be required to drive Service level expectation against performance to ensure that external and internal clients experience a positive response to inquiries, issues and events. The preferred candidate will possess all of the following competencies:
- Communicate effectively throughout the incident management process to ensure that all communications are timely and accurate. Ability to draft the various types of communication in complex and non-routine situations, and distribute to appropriate recipients within set time frames with little to no guidance.
- Track and update all incident in the incident management system, ensuring that documentation is thorough, accurate and meets ticket quality standards.
- Provide routine L2 system administration on multiple server platforms, in the resolution of incidents.
- Liaisons with L2 support groups in the resolution of incidents for complex, unfamiliar issues.
- Support and participate on project schedules and changes which can include UAT testing, creation of process and procedures, and assisting with training development and implementation specific to immediate team and/or department.
- Maintain technical skills through participation in ongoing training. Ability to train junior staff members in technical disciplines.
- Ability to identify, analyse and isolate anomalies presented via standard alerting utilizing a variety of hardware and software testing tools and techniques.
- May take the leadership role in managing highly critical events that may have the potential of major financial and/or reputation impacts to Visa, Inc.
What we’re after…
- BS degree in Information Systems or CS or equivalent experience; typically requires mid-level experience preferably in financial services.
- (ITIL) Technical staff member with hardware/software system configuration and troubleshooting skills and experience. Includes (but is not limited to) Windows, UNIX based servers, mainframe and application.
- Demonstrated analytical abilities in independently resolving complex problems that may not have fully documented handling procedures.
- Uses sound judgment in determining priorities and assisting junior staff members and/or enlisting support of others to prevent compromises to Visa's business or client service level agreements.
- Demonstrated ability creating procedures for complex issues to provide the ability for junior members to resolve these issues in the future.
- Leadership abilities to influence motivation, collaboration and innovation from team members.
- MS Office Proficiency
- Windows or Unix Certifications – Preferred
- Experience with ServiceNow and Tivoli NetCool monitoring is a plus.
- Experience participating or facilitating problem bridges for high priority events also a plus.
Think you have what it takes?
If you are interested in a career that will challenge and inspire you – we’d love to hear from you!
Diversity & Inclusion
Universal acceptance for everyone, everywhere, is not only our brand promise, it’s the foundation of our company culture. We foster a feeling of connectedness in the workplace, support diversity of thought, culture and background, fight for important initiatives like Equal Pay and actively work to eliminate unconscious biases that hold us all back.
By leveraging the diverse backgrounds and perspectives of our worldwide teams, Visa is a better place to work and a better business partner to our clients.