Intern – Visa Developer Platform
- London, UK
Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, reliable and secure digital payment network that enables individuals, businesses and economies to thrive. We are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers. Visa's sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
For current university students, the Visa Internship Program is the biggest step you can take to joining our Revolution of Payments Innovation. Throughout the 11 weeks at Visa, you will take on meaningful work, get executive exposure, engage in out-of-the-box problem solving, and participate in social and community service activities. From technology to business, we are looking for people who can innovate, collaborate and drive Visa into the next era of an already rapidly-evolving digital market place. A trip to our Global Intern Summit to learn from payments experts from across the world is just the beginning, to what we hope will be a lasting career at Visa.
If you think you could support Visa as a Visa Transaction Controls Product Manager, we want to hear from you – together, let’s make Visa a great place to work.
The Global Product team is changing the payments landscape through digital product deployment, the utilization of enhanced security features, and expanded use of analytics and data. Within Product, the Solution Architecture & Visa Developer Platform (VDP) team focuses on developing custom solutions to clients and manages Visa’s API platform.
This position would be ideal for an undergraduate / graduate from computer science or similar background looking to build upon that experience in the product side of a payments technology company.
- Work with clients and partners in Europe to package or build solutions based on use cases and business requirements
- Build prototypes as and when needed to demonstrate the capabilities of Visa APIs
- Define, document and implement regional processes that will align with global standards and best practices, and achieve increased adoption of Visa products and solutions.
- Collect feedback from clients on features and functionality, and work cross-functionally to ensure the Product and Technology teams incorporate that feedback into future releases
- Stay abreast of evolving payment technologies, innovations and strategic partners that may accelerate speed-to-market, or enhance our existing products and solutions
Pursuing a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science or related domains.
Strong analytical and problem solving skills
Good written and verbal communication skills, interpersonal and presentation skills.
Ability to communicate technical concepts in a clear and articulated fashion to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Ability and desire to learn new skills and take on new initiatives
Ability to be creative and manage competing priorities to achieve desired end state
Ability to travel as needed (not expected to exceed 20%)
Diversity & Inclusion
Universal acceptance for everyone, everywhere, is not only our brand promise, it’s the foundation of our company culture. We foster a feeling of connectedness in the workplace, support diversity of thought, culture and background, fight for important initiatives like Equal Pay and actively work to eliminate unconscious biases that hold us all back.
By leveraging the diverse backgrounds and perspectives of our worldwide teams, Visa is a better place to work and a better business partner to our clients.