Director, Visa Consulting & Analytics - Fintech and Emerging Payments
- Foster City, CA, USA
Visa Consulting and Analytics (VCA) drives tangible, impactful and financial results for Visa’s network clients, including both financial services and merchants. Drawing on our expertise in strategy consulting, data analytics, brand management, marketing, operational and macroeconomics, Visa Consulting and Analytics solves the most strategic problems for our clients.
The US Consulting Practice within VCA provides consulting and solution services for Visa’s largest issuers in the United States. We apply deep expertise in the payments industry to provide solutions to assist clients with their key business priorities, drive growth and improve profitability. The VCA team provides a comprehensive range of consulting services to deliver solutions that address unique challenges in areas such as improving profitability, strategic growth, customer experience, digital payments and managing risk.
The VCA team is looking for an individual to join our consulting practice and play a role developing high impact projects for Visa’s clients in the North America region. The potential candidate will be responsible for delivering and implementing projects and solutions with Fintechs and Emerging Payments clients. This person will develop initiatives to promote sustainable and profitable growth, thereby ensuring that Visa is both, the preferred brand and unique business partner.
Potential engagements could include product development, program launch, card acquisition, life cycle optimization, benchmark analysis, future of payments, alternative payments, and profitability enhancement.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Proactively engage with Fintechs and Emerging Payments Clients and Visa leaders in regular strategic & planning discussions; cultivate and manage a pipeline of work with these clients.
- Leads consulting initiatives and contributes to closing engagement by identifying potential opportunities with Fintechs and Emerging Payments Clients.
- Develop frameworks, approaches, solutions and recommendations that effectively and efficiently address the most impactful opportunities and challenges.
- Build solutions and actionable insights that will help clients to grow their payment portfolios and customer engagement in their core business as well
- Partner with peers in other functional areas (e.g., products, strategic partnerships, marketing, sales, risk, innovation) and across global regional teams to execute projects in ways that leverage the breadth and depth of Visa’s resources
- Work with a Fintechs and Emerging Payments clients in conjunction with the Visa Innovation Center to re-imagine a new user experience to drive higher spend engagement and customer satisfaction
- Deliver a detailed analysis looking at a client’s cardmember activity in e-commerce and app-based transactions and recommend treatment strategies to capture more customers
- Produce insights, analyses and recommendations to improve client performance, boost growth, drive understanding of client issues and provide strategic guidance for client priorities across the Fintechs and Emerging Payments segments
- Ability to effectively manipulate and analyze large data sets (industry and Visa) to determine meanings insights and recommendations for clients
- Build new scalable solutions, toolkits, best practice documents and consulting approach that can be applied across VCA practice
Incumbents applying for the role should be self-motivated, highly energized; detail-oriented individuals who will deliver strategic thought leadership, problem diagnostics and high impact solutions to clients support the growth and performance. Candidates must be able to develop enduring, strategic relationships with internal and external clients and across the Visa organization. This is an individual contributor role, reporting into a VP within VCA.
- Bachelor's degree required, MBA preferred
- 10-15 years of relevant experience with Fintechs and large management consulting firm
- Experience working with financial indicators to measure business performance. Significant focus on impacting ROI
- Strong analytical skills, with demonstrated intellectual and analytical rigor
- Self-motivated, results oriented individual with the ability to handle numerous projects concurrently
- Knowledge and understanding of future of payment, including products & services, business systems and processes, marketing initiatives and client acquisition experience
- Excellent communication, story-telling and presentation skills
- Team player
- Ability to travel up to 25%
- Technology mindset, curious, up-to-date with digital trends and applications
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.